public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Re: Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-31
@ 2008-10-30 22:15 Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2008-10-30 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

This package appears in the main cygwin/release/ area, and not as a test
release. Where was the big announcement about 1.7.0 going public?

(Hope this isn't a dup; my earlier message seems to have gone astray,..)

--
Chuck

* Re: Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-31
@ 2008-10-30 21:30 Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2008-10-30 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Err...this is showing up in the regular release/ directory...and not as
a "test" release, either. I assume that's a mistake?

--
Chuck

* Re: Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-31
@ 2008-10-30 12:41 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-10-30 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps, cygwin-developers

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 08:39:10AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>Incomplete list of changes since 1.7.0-29:
>
>- Compiled with gcc4.
>
>- Stop considering .bat an executable path.
>
>- Fixes for group confusion between /etc/passwd and /etc/group.
>
>- Make sure that threads created for timer calls are started in detached
>state.
>
>- Fix problems with cygcheck which caused premature termination when
>cygwin1.dll was unloaded.
>
>- Fix behavior of pthread mutexes after a fork.
>
>- Fix some pipe read problems.

This should also fix the reported "cygpath -m" problem, although I never
duplicated the problem myself so I can't say for sure that it now works.

cgf

* Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-31
@ 2008-10-30 12:39 Christopher Faylor