public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* amanda packaging problem
@ 2012-09-26 14:31 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-09-26 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

upset: *** setup.ini: warning - package amanda requires non-existent package libint18

For some reason, setup.hint contains both a libint18 and a libintl18.
I've removed the libint18.

The setup.hint also lists some other packages twice:

      2 bash
      2 libgcc1
      2 libglib2.0_0
      2 libreadline7
      2 perl

I've removed the second occurence of each.

cgf

* Re: amanda packaging problem
@ 2012-09-26 14:46 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-09-26 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:31:43AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>upset: *** setup.ini: warning - package amanda requires non-existent package libint18
>
>For some reason, setup.hint contains both a libint18 and a libintl18.
>I've removed the libint18.

Sorry, make that a "libint18" and a "libintl8".
                          ^                ^
                         one               L

@ 2012-09-26 21:10   ` Mark O'Keefe
From: Mark O'Keefe @ 2012-09-26 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 27/09/2012, at 12:45 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:31:43AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> upset: *** setup.ini: warning - package amanda requires non-existent package libint18
>>
>> For some reason, setup.hint contains both a libint18 and a libintl18.
>> I've removed the libint18.
>
> Sorry, make that a "libint18" and a "libintl8".
>                          ^                ^
>                         one               L
>
> cgf

Apologies.  My local packaging process was not using the generated setup.hint file
and didn't pickup the introduced typo.  I also did not upload the latest setup.hint
file thinking it hadn't changed :-(  Should have checked.

Do I upload a new version with the fixed .cygport file to create the correct
setup.hint?  Current source package will have a .cygport with this typo in it
and generate incorrect setup.hint file.

Implications would be a new -9 version with the only real change being the
fixed .cygport file.  Is it worth this?

Thanks for the corrections!

Cheers,
Mark.

* Re: amanda packaging problem
@ 2012-09-27  5:43     ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2012-09-27  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Thu, 2012-09-27 at 07:10 +1000, Mark O'Keefe wrote:
> Do I upload a new version with the fixed .cygport file to create the correct
> setup.hint?  Current source package will have a .cygport with this typo in it
> and generate incorrect setup.hint file.
>
> Implications would be a new -9 version with the only real change being the
> fixed .cygport file.  Is it worth this?

No.

Yaakov