public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* texlive: emacs-auctex and texlive-collection-latexextra both provide preview-latex
@ 2015-05-28 18:14 Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-05-28 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Ken,

See $SUBJECT.  emacs-auctex's copy is in texmf-site and texlive's is in
texmf-dist, so while they don't physically clobber each other I suspect
we only want one of them; I'm just not sure which.

If emacs-auctex should be the provider, then could you please make it a
subpackage?  A couple programs can use preview-latex without requiring
emacs.

--
Yaakov

* Re: texlive: emacs-auctex and texlive-collection-latexextra both provide preview-latex
@ 2015-06-11 21:22 ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2015-06-11 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 5/28/2015 2:14 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Ken,
>
> See $SUBJECT.  emacs-auctex's copy is in texmf-site and texlive's is in
> texmf-dist, so while they don't physically clobber each other I suspect
> we only want one of them; I'm just not sure which.

I agree.  I think emacs-auctex should be the provider, since preview-latex is
developed as part of the AUCTeX project
(https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/preview-latex.html).

> If emacs-auctex should be the provider, then could you please make it a
> subpackage?  A couple programs can use preview-latex without requiring
> emacs.

I'll do this in the next day or two.  And I'll remove it from
texlive-collection-latexextra starting with TeX Live 2015, which will be
released very soon.

Ken