public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
From: Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis@SystematicSw.ab.ca>
To: cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: cygport ... install starts in cwd but ... all does not
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 12:56:31 -0600	[thread overview]

On 2020-05-19 11:43, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 18.05.2020 17:47, Brian Inglis wrote:

>>> can we see the file ?
>>> May be is a banal issue that you are oversighting

>> Doh - of course - attached!

> may be also the patches ?

You mean switching to apply during prep?
You are probably right!
Thanks very much for that insight.
Will have to look into what that runs.

> Anyway removing most of the cygport to fake the compilation
> and installation and putting just some pwd before and after the
> pushd/popd to see what is happening:
>
> $ cygport tek4010.cygport compile
> /pub/tmp
> /pub/tmp/tek4010-1.5-1.x86_64/build
> /pub/tmp
>

> $ cygport tek4010.cygport install
> /pub/tmp
> *** ERROR: file Tek4010.png does not exist

Thanks also for the suggestion of approach to take using pwd around everything.

> so you need a pushd ${S} before
>
>     doicon Tek4010.png
>     pushd ${B}

SRC_DIR=Tek4010 as the sources are extracted in that directory instead of src.

The local package files .cygport, .patch, .png are all under my main
~/src/cygwin/tek4010/ directory where I invoke cygport, so it starts there, but
seems unable to get back there.

Should be able to get this done and maybe offer an ITP.

Although this package appears designed to build in user home dir under Raspbian
(and Ubuntu, so also Debian), it does not seem to be packaged anywhere I can find.

I'll see if the author would be interested in a packaging PR to remove home dir
dependencies and support Cygwin packaging and its metas, and maybe I could also
add Debian/Raspbian/Ubuntu metas as they are somewhat similar and standard.

[Data in IEC units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]