public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
From: Jon Turney <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk>
To: Daisuke Fujimura <booleanlabel@gmail.com>,
	"cygwin-apps@cygwin.com" <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Subject: Re: scallywag error report
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 13:55:43 +0100	[thread overview]

On 28/06/2023 11:56, Daisuke Fujimura via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> I am reporting a scallywag error during git push.
>
> remote: scallywag: invoked on repository git/cygwin-packages/libhtp,
> by maintainer Daisuke Fujimura
> remote: scallywag: timeout waiting for GitHub to assign a wfr_id
> remote: scallywag: PLEASE REPORT THIS!
> remote: scallywag: build 6661 queued on github
> remote: scallywag: https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi?id=6661
>
> The job is completed, but the status seems to remain pending.

Thanks for reporting this.

Yeah, this is an awkward part of the GitHub API we use here: all we get
back from the request to start the workflow is a "yes/no" response, so
we have to work out how to match the workflow id to our build number
ourselves.

I've repaired this job so it's reached it's final status.

I've temporarily increased the timeout here to two minutes (where we
wait for the just requested workflow to appear in the list of workflows
so we know it's id).  I have an idea about a possibly better way to
implement this matching, but haven't yet got around to trying to
implement it yet...