public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* SFTP release directories missing
@ 2022-07-02 18:15 Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2022-07-02 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I'm currently seeing attempts to run `cygport <blah> stage` fail with
an error "cd: Access failed: No such file (/x86_64/release)". And
logging in manually over sftp, that looks to be accurate; the only
file I can see is my !mail file.

```
$ echo $'ls\npwd\n' | sftp cygwin@cygwin.com
Connected to cygwin.com.
sftp> ls
!mail
sftp> pwd
Remote working directory: /
sftp>
```

Clearly something has gone wrong with the upload space for my
packages; can someone fix it / tell me what I need to do to fix it?

Adam

* Re: SFTP release directories missing
@ 2022-07-02 21:20 ` Christian Franke
From: Christian Franke @ 2022-07-02 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
> I'm currently seeing attempts to run `cygport <blah> stage` fail with
> an error "cd: Access failed: No such file (/x86_64/release)". And
> logging in manually over sftp, that looks to be accurate; the only
> file I can see is my !mail file.
>
> ```
> $ echo $'ls\npwd\n' | sftp cygwin@cygwin.com
> Connected to cygwin.com.
> sftp> ls
> !mail
> sftp> pwd
> Remote working directory: /
> sftp>
> ```
>
> Clearly something has gone wrong with the upload space for my
> packages; can someone fix it / tell me what I need to do to fix it?

I got the same problem 2x today during upload of pass and etckeeper.
Could be fixed by creating the directories manually with mkdir.

--
Regards,
Christian

* Re: SFTP release directories missing
@ 2022-07-03 11:31   ` Christian Franke
From: Christian Franke @ 2022-07-03 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Christian Franke wrote:
> Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
>> I'm currently seeing attempts to run `cygport <blah> stage` fail with
>> an error "cd: Access failed: No such file (/x86_64/release)". And
>> logging in manually over sftp, that looks to be accurate; the only
>> file I can see is my !mail file.
>>
>> ```
>> $ echo $'ls\npwd\n' | sftp cygwin@cygwin.com
>> Connected to cygwin.com.
>> sftp> ls
>> !mail
>> sftp> pwd
>> Remote working directory: /
>> sftp>
>> ```
>>
>> Clearly something has gone wrong with the upload space for my
>> packages; can someone fix it / tell me what I need to do to fix it?
>
> I got the same problem 2x today during upload of pass and etckeeper.
> Could be fixed by creating the directories manually with mkdir.

Seems to be fixed now. Empty directories {noarch,x86,x86_64}/release
reappeared in my lftp account.

* Re: SFTP release directories missing
@ 2022-07-03 11:43     ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2022-07-03 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Sun, Jul 03, 2022 at 01:31:02PM +0200, Christian Franke wrote:
> Christian Franke wrote:
> > Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
> > > I'm currently seeing attempts to run `cygport <blah> stage` fail with
> > > an error "cd: Access failed: No such file (/x86_64/release)". And
> > > logging in manually over sftp, that looks to be accurate; the only
> > > file I can see is my !mail file.
> > >
> > > ```
> > > $ echo $'ls\npwd\n' | sftp cygwin@cygwin.com
> > > Connected to cygwin.com.
> > > sftp> ls
> > > !mail
> > > sftp> pwd
> > > Remote working directory: /
> > > sftp>
> > > ```
> > >
> > > Clearly something has gone wrong with the upload space for my
> > > packages; can someone fix it / tell me what I need to do to fix it?
> >
> > I got the same problem 2x today during upload of pass and etckeeper.
> > Could be fixed by creating the directories manually with mkdir.
> >

> Seems to be fixed now. Empty directories {noarch,x86,x86_64}/release
> reappeared in my lftp account.

Confirmed everything looks good for me now too, thank you for checking!

* Re: SFTP release directories missing
@ 2022-07-03 11:58 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2022-07-03 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Dinwoodie, cygwin-apps

On 02/07/2022 19:15, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
> I'm currently seeing attempts to run `cygport <blah> stage` fail with
> an error "cd: Access failed: No such file (/x86_64/release)". And
> logging in manually over sftp, that looks to be accurate; the only
> file I can see is my !mail file.
>
> ```
> $ echo $'ls\npwd\n' | sftp cygwin-rDBXBDvO6BXQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org
> Connected to cygwin.com.
> sftp> ls
> !mail
> sftp> pwd
> Remote working directory: /
> sftp>
> ```
>
> Clearly something has gone wrong with the upload space for my
> packages; can someone fix it / tell me what I need to do to fix it?

Thanks for reporting this.

A few weeks ago I deployed a change to calm to teach it to remove empty
directories, but it seems I made it too keen.

I've deployed a fix for that, and re-created the directories required by
cygport upload/stage.

This shouldn't happen again, but if needed, you can safely recreate
these directories manually.

We apologize for the inconvenience.