public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* ttcp package ready
@ 2002-02-18 11:15 Stanislav Sinyagin
From: Stanislav Sinyagin @ 2002-02-18 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi all,

The voting results regarding my package (TTCP)
are the following: one voted positive,
one has not decided, none objected.

Please allow me to maintain it.
All the 3 files are TARed and accessible from
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/ssinyagin
I can send the attachment of you like.

The code itself is very much stable -- since
early 1990's, there was only minor fix in 1998.
Thus, I don't expect any further changes.
Yet, the tool is very useful in network testing.

Cheers,
Stanislav

http://sports.yahoo.com

* Re: ttcp package ready
@ 2002-02-21  2:30 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2002-02-21  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stanislav Sinyagin; +Cc: cygwin-apps

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 11:15:18AM -0800, Stanislav Sinyagin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The voting results regarding my package (TTCP)
> are the following: one voted positive,
> one has not decided, none objected.
>
> Please allow me to maintain it.
> All the 3 files are TARed and accessible from
> http://briefcase.yahoo.com/ssinyagin
> I can send the attachment of you like.

Sorry, but I found one file called cygwin-ttcp.tar by pure luck
on your page.  It's not correctly named and it consists entirely
of the sources, AFAICS.

Please have a look on http://cygwin.com/setup.html to learn how to
contribute a package.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: ttcp package ready
@ 2002-02-21  2:47   ` Stanislav Sinyagin
From: Stanislav Sinyagin @ 2002-02-21  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corinna Vinschen

> Sorry, but I found one file called cygwin-ttcp.tar
> by pure luck
> on your page.  It's not correctly named and it
> consists entirely
> of the sources, AFAICS.

I tried to simplify your downloading efforts.
Inside that TAR, there are all required files:
setup.hint
ttcp-19980512-1-src.tar.bz2
ttcp-19980512-1.tar.bz2

Now I've uploaded them individually, if that's
what you prefer.

Sorry for not using a normal server, local firewall
prevents FTP from where I seat now.

Thanks,
Stanislav

http://sports.yahoo.com

* Re: ttcp package ready
@ 2002-02-21  5:05     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2002-02-21  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygapp

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 02:30:13AM -0800, Stanislav Sinyagin wrote:
> > Sorry, but I found one file called cygwin-ttcp.tar
> > by pure luck
> > on your page.  It's not correctly named and it
> > consists entirely
> > of the sources, AFAICS.
>
> I tried to simplify your downloading efforts.
> Inside that TAR, there are all required files:
> setup.hint
> ttcp-19980512-1-src.tar.bz2
> ttcp-19980512-1.tar.bz2
>
> Now I've uploaded them individually, if that's
> what you prefer.

Sorry for not looking deeper.  I'm somewhat busy with other stuff.

Thanks for the package, I've just uploaded it to cygwin.com.
Please consider to prepare an announcement as described on
http://cygwin.com/setup.html#submitting, point 9 and post it
in a few hours when the first mirrors had a chance to upload.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: ttcp package ready
@ 2002-02-14  0:54 Stanislav Sinyagin
From: Stanislav Sinyagin @ 2002-02-14  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:22:04 -0500, Christopher Faylor
wrote:

> Has this been discussed here before?  I don't see it
mentioned in any of
> my archived messages.  Do you have a URL for this
tool?  I would like to
> see a little more of a description before I offer my
vote on the
> subject.

At <http://www.netcordia.com/network-services.html>,
there's a short description of TTCP, and the latest
sources that I could ever find.
I've just noticed they've already updated it
with my fix :)

Cheers,
Stan

http://greetings.yahoo.com

* Re: ttcp package ready
@ 2002-02-13 14:27   ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2002-02-13 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

===
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-02-13 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 02:07:43PM -0800, Stanislav Sinyagin wrote:
>I've created the Cygwin package for ttcp, after fixing a minor
>compatibility bug in it.  The sources were taken from Terry Slattery's
>distribution at www.netcordia.com

Has this been discussed here before?  I don't see it mentioned in any of
my archived messages.  Do you have a URL for this tool?  I would like to
see a little more of a description before I offer my vote on the
subject.

cgf

>The setup.hint file follows:
>
>category: Net
>requires: cygwin
>sdesc:    "Popular network benchmarking tool"
>ldesc:    "ttcp is a very nice network throughput testing tool.
>It can also be used on Unix systems to create a network pipe
>through which you can push any other data you might have."

* ttcp package ready
@ 2002-02-13 14:07 Stanislav Sinyagin
From: Stanislav Sinyagin @ 2002-02-13 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi all,

distribution at www.netcordia.com

The setup.hint file follows:

category: Net
requires: cygwin
sdesc:    "Popular network benchmarking tool"
ldesc:    "ttcp is a very nice network throughput
testing tool.
It can also be used on Unix systems to create a
network pipe
through which you can push any other data you might
have."

With regards,
Stanislav
CCIE #5478