public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* New GMP and MPFR packages for review
@ 2006-11-06  3:13 Billinghurst, David (CALCRTS)
From: Billinghurst, David (CALCRTS) @ 2006-11-06  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

The current cygwin version of gmp is 4.1.4. This also contains an old version
of mpfr. The latest version of gmp is 4.2.1  It no longer contains it own version
of mpfr. I have packaged gmp-4.2.1 and mpfr-2.2.0. The current gmp maintainer
Lapo Luchini is happy for me to offer these for review and take over as
maintainer if they are acceptable.

There is some discussion from a few months back here
  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-05/msg00098.html
  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-05/msg00104.html
  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-05/msg00111.html

As gfortran - the fortran compiler in gcc-4 - uses libgmp3 and libmpfr, it
seems sensible to break the monolithic packages into sub-packages.

The new cyggmp3.dll is suposed to be binary compatible with the current release,
and testing seems to confirm this.

The new cygmpfr1.dll is not binary compatible with the current cygmpfr0.dll.
I provide a libmpfr0 package that just contains the existing cygmpfr0.dll,
and supplies the existing gmp3-4.1.4 src tarball as the src package.

http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/gmp/gmp-4.2.1-1-src.tar.bz2
http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/gmp/gmp-4.2.1-1.tar.bz2
http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/gmp/setup.hint

http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/gmp/libgmp3/libgmp3-4.2.1-1.tar.bz2
http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/gmp/libgmp3/setup.hint

http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/gmp/libgmp-devel/libgmp-devel-4.2.1-1.tar.bz2
http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/gmp/libgmp-devel/setup.hint

http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/mpfr-2.2.0-2-src.tar.bz2
http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/mpfr-2.2.0-2.tar.bz2
http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/setup.hint

http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr-devel/libmpfr-devel-2.2.0-2.tar.bz2
http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr-devel/setup.hint

http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr1/libmpfr1-2.2.0-2.tar.bz2
http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr1/setup.hint

http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr0/libmpfr0-4.1.4-3-src.tar.bz2
http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr0/libmpfr0-4.1.4-3.tar.bz2
http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr0/setup.hint

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential and may contain privileged information. If you are not an authorised recipient, the copying or distribution of this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited and you must not read, print or act in reliance on this e-mail or attachments.
This notice should not be removed.

* Re: New GMP and MPFR packages for review
@ 2006-11-07  8:57 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2006-11-07  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Nov  6 14:13, Billinghurst, David (CALCRTS) wrote:
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/gmp/gmp-4.2.1-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/gmp/gmp-4.2.1-1.tar.bz2
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/gmp/setup.hint
>
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/gmp/libgmp3/libgmp3-4.2.1-1.tar.bz2
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/gmp/libgmp3/setup.hint
>
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/gmp/libgmp-devel/libgmp-devel-4.2.1-1.tar.bz2
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/gmp/libgmp-devel/setup.hint

I'm not using this so I can't test.  The packaging looks good.  But I don't think
the gmp package should have libgmp-devel in its requirements.  This contradicts the
purpose of differing between runtime and devel packages.  The devel package should
only be pulled if the user explicitely requests it, isn't it?

> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/mpfr-2.2.0-2-src.tar.bz2
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/mpfr-2.2.0-2.tar.bz2
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/setup.hint
>
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr-devel/libmpfr-devel-2.2.0-2.tar.bz2
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr-devel/setup.hint
>
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr1/libmpfr1-2.2.0-2.tar.bz2
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr1/setup.hint
>
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr0/libmpfr0-4.1.4-3-src.tar.bz2
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr0/libmpfr0-4.1.4-3.tar.bz2
> http://billinghurst.customer.netspace.net.au/cygwin/mpfr/libmpfr0/setup.hint

Similar here.  mpfr requires libmpfr-devel only.  I think the base package
should require libmpfr1 and libmpfr0, the latter to allow easy upgrading.  The
devel package should only require libmpfr1.  Uh and, maybe, libgmp-devel?

> NOTICE
> This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential [...]

Not here, please.

Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: New GMP and MPFR packages for review
@ 2006-11-09  9:10 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2006-11-09  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Nov  9 09:02, Billinghurst, David (CALCRTS) wrote:
> > From:  Corinna Vinschen
>
> > I'm not using this so I can't test.  The packaging looks good.  But I don't think
> > the gmp package should have libgmp-devel in its requirements.  This contradicts the
> > purpose of differing between runtime and devel packages.  The devel package should
> > only be pulled if the user explicitely requests it, isn't it?
>
> I have fixed the dependencies in the setup.hint files.  As these are generated
> by cygport I also updated the src package (and rebuilt gmp and mpfr as a check).

Uploaded.  I removed gmp 4.1.2-1 which leaves 4.1.4-2 as prev.

However, I'm still wondering if the libmpfr-devel package shouldn't
have a dependency to libgmp-devel.  After all, gmp.h is included from
one of the mpfr header files...

> NOTICE
> This e-mail and any attachments [...]

Oh, PLEASE!

Thanks for taking over maintainership!

Corinna

Red Hat

* RE: New GMP and MPFR packages for review
@ 2006-11-08 22:02 Billinghurst, David (CALCRTS)
From: Billinghurst, David (CALCRTS) @ 2006-11-08 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> From:  Corinna Vinschen

> I'm not using this so I can't test.  The packaging looks good.  But I don't think
> the gmp package should have libgmp-devel in its requirements.  This contradicts the
> purpose of differing between runtime and devel packages.  The devel package should
> only be pulled if the user explicitely requests it, isn't it?

I have fixed the dependencies in the setup.hint files.  As these are generated
by cygport I also updated the src package (and rebuilt gmp and mpfr as a check).

	David