public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Re: Vim + windows clipboard
@ 2007-01-14 16:22 Frodak
From: Frodak @ 2007-01-14 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Okay.

Thanks,
Frodak

Never miss an email again!

* Re: Vim + windows clipboard
@ 2007-01-13 18:51   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2007-01-13 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Jan 13 17:59, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Frodak, le Sat 13 Jan 2007 08:51:29 -0800, a écrit :
> > I know that it basically works for me (I don't do anything other than edit ASCII), but I don't know about all the other configurations, etc.  I don't know what peoples preferences would be if I should try to get these changes part of vim, or a patch for cygwin, or if any else even cares.
>
> I think it should be part of vim, just like X clipboard support etc.
> are.

Yep, this should definitely go upstream.

Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: Vim + windows clipboard
@ 2007-01-13 16:59 ` Samuel Thibault
From: Samuel Thibault @ 2007-01-13 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Frodak, le Sat 13 Jan 2007 08:51:29 -0800, a écrit :
> I know that it basically works for me (I don't do anything other than edit ASCII), but I don't know about all the other configurations, etc.  I don't know what peoples preferences would be if I should try to get these changes part of vim, or a patch for cygwin, or if any else even cares.

I think it should be part of vim, just like X clipboard support etc.
are.

Samuel

* Vim + windows clipboard
@ 2007-01-13 16:51 Frodak
From: Frodak @ 2007-01-13 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi,

I'm working on a integrating vim with the windows clipboard.  The approach I took was to reuse the win32 clipboard handling routines that are normally part of compiling vim for windows use.

I know that it basically works for me (I don't do anything other than edit ASCII), but I don't know about all the other configurations, etc.  I don't know what peoples preferences would be if I should try to get these changes part of vim, or a patch for cygwin, or if any else even cares.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Frodak

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.