public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [RFU] expat-2.0.1-1
@ 2008-05-09  4:43 Warren Young
From: Warren Young @ 2008-05-09  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin Apps List

New maintainer, new upstream version, new packaging system.  The
problems that came up in the ITA thread of last week have been fixed.

Note that the following set of files includes a legacy libexpat0 package
and a new hint file for the old version of expat.  This introduces
libexpat1, which has a new ABI, but is reportedly source-compatible with
the old version, so we don't need to keep the old devel stuff.

executables:
     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/setup.hint
     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/expat-2.0.1-1.tar.bz2

current shared library:
     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/lib1.hint
     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/libexpat1-2.0.1-1.tar.bz2

previous shared library:
     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/lib0.hint
     (keep existing libexpat0-1.95.8-2.tar.bz2)

devel stuff:
     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/devel.hint
     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/libexpat-devel-2.0.1-1.tar.bz2

source packages:
     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/expat-2.0.1-1-src.tar.bz2
     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/libexpat0-1.95.8-2-src.tar.bz2

* [GTG] Re: [RFU] expat-2.0.1-1
@ 2008-05-09  7:21 ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2008-05-09  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

    > New maintainer, new upstream version, new packaging system.  The
    > problems that came up in the ITA thread of last week have been fixed.

Builds fine from source, packaging and setup.hint look good.

GTG
  Volker

* Re: [RFU] expat-2.0.1-1
@ 2008-05-09 10:42 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2008-05-09 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On May  8 22:43, Warren Young wrote:
> New maintainer, new upstream version, new packaging system.  The problems
> that came up in the ITA thread of last week have been fixed.
>
> Note that the following set of files includes a legacy libexpat0 package
> and a new hint file for the old version of expat.  This introduces
> libexpat1, which has a new ABI, but is reportedly source-compatible with
> the old version, so we don't need to keep the old devel stuff.
>
> executables:
>     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/setup.hint
>     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/expat-2.0.1-1.tar.bz2
>
> current shared library:
>     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/lib1.hint
>     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/libexpat1-2.0.1-1.tar.bz2
>
> previous shared library:
>     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/lib0.hint
>     (keep existing libexpat0-1.95.8-2.tar.bz2)
>
> devel stuff:
>     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/devel.hint
>     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/libexpat-devel-2.0.1-1.tar.bz2
>
> source packages:
>     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/expat-2.0.1-1-src.tar.bz2
>     http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/libexpat0-1.95.8-2-src.tar.bz2

What are the names of the subdirs?  Which files should be in which dir?
Can you please rearrange this to a working expat directory tree which
can be uploaded with a single wget?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: [RFU] expat-2.0.1-1
@ 2008-05-10  8:15   ` Warren Young
From: Warren Young @ 2008-05-10  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> What are the names of the subdirs?  Which files should be in which dir?
> Can you please rearrange this to a working expat directory tree which
> can be uploaded with a single wget?

Sorry, I didn't realize you were leaving such decisions up to newbie
maintainers like me. :)

You can grab the entire 'expat' dir on our web server now.  It should
replace the existing release/expat dir correctly.

* Re: [RFU] expat-2.0.1-1
@ 2008-05-13 14:39     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2008-05-13 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On May 10 02:14, Warren Young wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> What are the names of the subdirs?  Which files should be in which dir?
>> Can you please rearrange this to a working expat directory tree which
>> can be uploaded with a single wget?
>
> Sorry, I didn't realize you were leaving such decisions up to newbie
> maintainers like me. :)
>
> You can grab the entire 'expat' dir on our web server now.  It should
> replace the existing release/expat dir correctly.

Sorry, but that's really not very helpful.  Can you please send the
links to the files and or cleanup the directory?  It still contains
files which don't belong into the distro and the subdirs are still
incorrect, afaics.  Any problem to prepare a script like Dr. Volker Zell
does?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: [RFU] expat-2.0.1-1
@ 2008-05-13 15:16       ` Warren Young
From: Warren Young @ 2008-05-13 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Any problem to prepare a script like Dr. Volker Zell does?

wget -O- http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/slurp.sh |sh

* Re: [RFU] expat-2.0.1-1
@ 2008-05-13 15:24         ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2008-05-13 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On May 13 09:15, Warren Young wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> Any problem to prepare a script like Dr. Volker Zell does?
>
> wget -O- http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/expat/slurp.sh |sh

Thanks, uploaded.

Corinna

Red Hat