public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* announcement problem
@ 2008-05-27  9:47 Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2008-05-27  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi Christopher and Corinna,
I was trying to send the needed announcement for

hdf5 / qhull / glpk / suitsparse

but all where rejected as suspicious spam.

I had no problem in the past for the fftw3
announcement,
and I used as format one of last announcement of
Volker:
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2008-05/msg00020.html

also using the official format
http://cygwin.com/setup.html#announcement

was not effective.

Any hint or suggestion to what is wrong ?
(My provider eventually ?)

Or should I just add myself to the cygwin.com
"global allow list" ?

Thanks
Marco

      ___________________________________
Scopri il Blog di Yahoo! Mail: trucchi, novità, consigli... e la tua opinione!
http://www.ymailblogit.com/blog/

* Re: announcement problem
@ 2008-05-27 13:50 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-05-27 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 11:47:09AM +0200, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>Hi Christopher and Corinna,
>I was trying to send the needed announcement for
>
>hdf5 / qhull / glpk / suitsparse
>
>but all where rejected as suspicious spam.
>
>I had no problem in the past for the fftw3
>announcement,
>and I used as format one of last announcement of
>Volker:
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2008-05/msg00020.html
>
>also using the official format
>http://cygwin.com/setup.html#announcement
>
>was not effective.
>
>Any hint or suggestion to what is wrong ?
>(My provider eventually ?)
>
>Or should I just add myself to the cygwin.com
>"global allow list" ?

Yes! I already replied to you with instructions after you sent email to
cygwin-announce-owner.  Just follow the instructions:

http://sourceware.org/lists.html#spam

Please don't spam people here with email problems.

cgf