public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [RFU] rsync-3.0.4-1
@ 2008-10-19 11:27 Lapo Luchini
From: Lapo Luchini @ 2008-10-19 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [ML] CygWin-Apps

http://lapo.it/cygwin/nano/nano-2.0.9-1-src.tar.bz2
http://lapo.it/cygwin/nano/nano-2.0.9-1.tar.bz2
http://lapo.it/cygwin/nano/setup.hint

(also setup-installable from http://lapo.it/cygwin/ )

Changed setup.hint (removed libiconv2, used thru libintl8):

sdesc: "A pico clone text editor with extensions"
ldesc: "nano - A text editor designed as a clone of pico, but rewritten
from scratch to be faster and smaller while having greater functionality"
category: Editors
requires: cygwin libncurses8 libintl8

PS: I did *not* change it to use PCRE library as suggested on cygwin@,
as they're not 1:1 compatible (some of the default context-coloring
script fails with PCRE) and, being also slower as pointed out on the
same ML, I'm not yet convinced it's the Right Thing To Do (c)

--
Lapo Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (OpenPGP & X.509)

* Re: [RFU] rsync-3.0.4-1
@ 2008-10-19 14:58 ` Soren Andersen
From: Soren Andersen @ 2008-10-19 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I'm responding to the message sent on 19 Oct 2008, at around 11:26
UTC, by "Lapo Luchini" <lapo ~at~ OBSCURED dot NUL>, who wrote

 Subject: [RFU] rsync-3.0.4-1

> http://lapo.it/cygwin/nano/nano-2.0.9-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://lapo.it/cygwin/nano/nano-2.0.9-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://lapo.it/cygwin/nano/nano-2.0.9-1.tar.bz2
> http://lapo.it/cygwin/nano/setup.hint

> Changed setup.hint (removed libiconv2, used thru libintl8):
>
> sdesc: "A pico clone text editor with extensions"
> ldesc: "nano - A text editor designed as a clone of pico, but
> rewritten from scratch to be faster and smaller while having
> greater functionality" category: Editors
> requires: cygwin libncurses8 libintl8
>
> PS: I did *not* change it to use PCRE library as suggested on
> cygwin@, as they're not 1:1 compatible (some of the default
> context-coloring script fails with PCRE) and, being also slower
> as pointed out on the same ML, I'm not yet convinced it's the
> Right Thing To Do (c)

I think you missed an edit on this sending, Lapo ;-).

--
Blame it on Caradhras the Cruel.

* Re: [RFU] rsync-3.0.4-1
@ 2008-10-14  1:46 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-10-14  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 01:51:53AM +0200, Lapo Luchini wrote:
>http://lapo.it/cygwin/rsync/rsync-3.0.4-1-src.tar.bz2
>http://lapo.it/cygwin/rsync/rsync-3.0.4-1.tar.bz2
>http://lapo.it/cygwin/rsync/setup.hint
>
>(also setup-installable from http://lapo.it/cygwin/ )
>
>Changed setup.hint (added libiconv2):

Uploaded.

cgf

* [RFU] rsync-3.0.4-1
@ 2008-10-13 23:53 Lapo Luchini
From: Lapo Luchini @ 2008-10-13 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [ML] CygWin-Apps

http://lapo.it/cygwin/rsync/rsync-3.0.4-1-src.tar.bz2
http://lapo.it/cygwin/rsync/rsync-3.0.4-1.tar.bz2
http://lapo.it/cygwin/rsync/setup.hint

(also setup-installable from http://lapo.it/cygwin/ )

Changed setup.hint (added libiconv2):

sdesc: "Fast remote file transfer program (can use existing data to
minimize transfer)"
ldesc: "rsync is a file transfer program. rsync uses the 'rsync
algorithm' which provides a very fast method for bringing
remote files into sync. It does this by sending just the
differences in the files across the link, without requiring
that both sets of files are present at one of the ends of the
link beforehand."
category: Net
requires: cygwin libpopt0 libiconv2

--