public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Yaakov, package maintainership details
@ 2008-11-12 10:41 Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2008-11-12 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi Yaakov,

I'm trying to keep track of the maintainership changes due to the
new X.Org stuff but I'm somewhat overwhelmed by the mere number.

I assume the entire X.Org subdir and all of its packages are yours
right now.  Are they all part of the X.Org package so that, if
package maintainership changes, all package changes?  That would
mean I can add just a single line to my package maintainer file
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint

  x.org		Yaakov S

Or is it better if I add all subpackages to that file?

What about the packages in X11?  Which ones are obsolete, which have
changed ownership to you?  The changes I know of are

  fontconfig                     Jan Nieuwenhuizen  -->  Yaakov S
  lesstif                        Brian Ford         -->  Yaakov S
  libxft*                        Dr. Volker Zell    -->  Yaakov S
  xterm                          Jari Aalto         -->  Yaakov S

  xorg-x11-*                     OBSOLETE

Can you add a couple of details so I can update the maintainer file?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: Yaakov, package maintainership details
@ 2008-11-12 16:46 ` Yaakov (Cygwin Ports)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) @ 2008-11-12 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> I'm trying to keep track of the maintainership changes due to the
> new X.Org stuff but I'm somewhat overwhelmed by the mere number.

:-)

> I assume the entire X.Org subdir and all of its packages are yours
> right now.  Are they all part of the X.Org package so that, if
> package maintainership changes, all package changes?  That would
> mean I can add just a single line to my package maintainer file
> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint
>
>   x.org		Yaakov S
>
> Or is it better if I add all subpackages to that file?

You are correct that I am maintaining everything in X.Org/, but X.Org is
not a "package"; it is ~200 completely separate source packages that
could easily maintained by more than one person.

> What about the packages in X11?  Which ones are obsolete, which have
> changed ownership to you?  The changes I know of are
>
>   fontconfig                     Jan Nieuwenhuizen  -->  Yaakov S

Actually fontconfig/libfontconfig1/libfontconfig-devel.

>   lesstif                        Brian Ford         -->  Yaakov S

Now split into lesstif/libXm2/libXm-devel.

>   libxft*                        Dr. Volker Zell    -->  Yaakov S

libXft* is now under X.Org/; libXft1 is OBSOLETE.

>   xterm                          Jari Aalto         -->  Yaakov S

Yes.

>   xorg-x11-*                     OBSOLETE

Added libXp6, libXaw8, libdpstk1 under xorg-x11-bin-dlls for backwards
compatibility, all OBSOLETE.

> Can you add a couple of details so I can update the maintainer file?

X-start-menu-icons is mine also; X-startup-scripts is OBSOLETE.  I think
that's everything.

Yaakov

* Re: Yaakov, package maintainership details
@ 2008-11-13 10:35   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2008-11-13 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Nov 12 10:45, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:

> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > I'm trying to keep track of the maintainership changes due to the
> > new X.Org stuff but I'm somewhat overwhelmed by the mere number.
>
> :-)
>
> > I assume the entire X.Org subdir and all of its packages are yours
> > right now.  Are they all part of the X.Org package so that, if
> > package maintainership changes, all package changes?  That would
> > mean I can add just a single line to my package maintainer file
> > http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint
> >
> >   x.org		Yaakov S
> >
> > Or is it better if I add all subpackages to that file?
>
> You are correct that I am maintaining everything in X.Org/, but X.Org is
> not a "package"; it is ~200 completely separate source packages that
> could easily maintained by more than one person.
>
> > What about the packages in X11?  Which ones are obsolete, which have
> > changed ownership to you?  The changes I know of are
> >
> >   fontconfig                     Jan Nieuwenhuizen  -->  Yaakov S
>
> Actually fontconfig/libfontconfig1/libfontconfig-devel.
>
> >   lesstif                        Brian Ford         -->  Yaakov S
>
> Now split into lesstif/libXm2/libXm-devel.
>
> >   libxft*                        Dr. Volker Zell    -->  Yaakov S
>
> libXft* is now under X.Org/; libXft1 is OBSOLETE.
>
> >   xterm                          Jari Aalto         -->  Yaakov S
>
> Yes.
>
> >   xorg-x11-*                     OBSOLETE
>
> Added libXp6, libXaw8, libdpstk1 under xorg-x11-bin-dlls for backwards
> compatibility, all OBSOLETE.
>
> > Can you add a couple of details so I can update the maintainer file?
>
> X-start-menu-icons is mine also; X-startup-scripts is OBSOLETE.  I think
> that's everything.

Cool, thank you.  I will change cygwin-pkg-main accordingly later today.

@ 2008-11-13 14:36     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2008-11-13 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Nov 13 11:37, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Nov 12 10:45, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> > Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > Or is it better if I add all subpackages to that file?
> >
> > You are correct that I am maintaining everything in X.Org/, but X.Org is
> > not a "package"; it is ~200 completely separate source packages that
> > could easily maintained by more than one person.
> >
> > > What about the packages in X11?  Which ones are obsolete, which have
> > > changed ownership to you?  The changes I know of are
> > >
> > >   fontconfig                     Jan Nieuwenhuizen  -->  Yaakov S
> >
> > Actually fontconfig/libfontconfig1/libfontconfig-devel.
> >
> > >   lesstif                        Brian Ford         -->  Yaakov S
> >
> > Now split into lesstif/libXm2/libXm-devel.
> >
> > >   libxft*                        Dr. Volker Zell    -->  Yaakov S
> >
> > libXft* is now under X.Org/; libXft1 is OBSOLETE.
> >
> > >   xterm                          Jari Aalto         -->  Yaakov S
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > >   xorg-x11-*                     OBSOLETE
> >
> > Added libXp6, libXaw8, libdpstk1 under xorg-x11-bin-dlls for backwards
> > compatibility, all OBSOLETE.
> >
> > > Can you add a couple of details so I can update the maintainer file?
> >
> > X-start-menu-icons is mine also; X-startup-scripts is OBSOLETE.  I think
> > that's everything.
>
> Cool, thank you.  I will change cygwin-pkg-main accordingly later today.

I hope I catched everything.  Would you mind to take a quick look?

@ 2008-11-14  2:18       ` Yaakov (Cygwin Ports)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) @ 2008-11-14  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

* Re: Yaakov, package maintainership details
@ 2008-11-14  8:53         ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2008-11-14  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Nov 13 20:17, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:

> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > I hope I catched everything.  Would you mind to take a quick look?
>
> lesstif was broken up, adding libXm2 and libXm-devel.  AFAICS that's
> everything.

Fixed in cygwin-pkg-maint.

@ 2008-11-16  6:20       ` Yaakov (Cygwin Ports)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) @ 2008-11-16  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

* Re: Yaakov, package maintainership details
@ 2008-11-19 11:36         ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2008-11-19 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Nov 16 00:19, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:

> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > I hope I catched everything.  Would you mind to take a quick look?
> > http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint
>
> Now I realize that I updated some of my other packages during the X11
> transition or soon thereafter:
>
> Now OBSOLETE:
> libglitz-glx1
> libungif