public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Change of Singular maintainer
@ 2008-12-09 10:23 Oliver Wienand [Math.]
From: Oliver Wienand [Math.] @ 2008-12-09 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

The new maintainer of the Singular packages will be Frank
Seelisch.
The next Singular release should be ready in January and
then be
contributed by him. I am not sure if I should post an
email address.
However, he has subscribed to cygwin and cygwin-apps ML.
Therefore it
should be rather easy to contact him if necessary.

Since this is, for the time being, my last "official"
message let me
take the opportunity to thank the Cygwin project. I
learned a lot from
just reading the lists and maintaining the package. And
even better, a
lot of the stuff I learned eased my work on many
opportunities.

Oliver Wienand

* Re: Change of Singular maintainer
@ 2008-12-09 10:38 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2008-12-09 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Dec  9 11:14, Oliver Wienand [Math.] wrote:
> The new maintainer of the Singular packages will be Frank Seelisch.

Hi Frank, welcome on board.  Did you already contemplate the idea
to create a new package for Cygwin 1.7?  Or is it not necessary
for some reason?

> The next Singular release should be ready in January and then be
> contributed by him. I am not sure if I should post an email address.
> However, he has subscribed to cygwin and cygwin-apps ML. Therefore it
> should be rather easy to contact him if necessary.
>
> Since this is, for the time being, my last "official" message let me
> take the opportunity to thank the Cygwin project. I learned a lot from
> just reading the lists and maintaining the package. And even better, a
> lot of the stuff I learned eased my work on many opportunities.
>
> Oliver Wienand

Thanks for maintaing this package so long.  It's much appreciated.

Have a good time,
Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: Change of Singular maintainer
@ 2008-12-09 11:23   ` Frank Seelisch
From: Frank Seelisch @ 2008-12-09 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps; +Cc: wienand

Hi Corinna,

thanks for the welcome!

Oliver and I are going to take a look at our packaging process and
Cygwin 1.7 related stuff end of this week. Up to now, it seems your
changes do not have too much of a side-effect on our Singular packages...

Therefore, as soon as our new release is ready, it should be includable
in any new Cygwin version. But, as Oliver wrote, this will probably not
be before January.
I will keep you informed...

Best regards,
Frank

--
Frank Seelisch - Researcher, Ph.D.
Working Group Algebra, Geometry and Computer Algebra

* Re: Change of Singular maintainer
@ 2008-12-10  0:23     ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2008-12-10  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

* Re: Change of Singular maintainer
@ 2008-12-19  8:49       ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2008-12-19  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps; +Cc: wienand

Frank,

did you see this message?

On Dec  9 18:22, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> Frank Seelisch wrote:
> > Oliver and I are going to take a look at our packaging process and
> > Cygwin 1.7 related stuff end of this week. Up to now, it seems your
> > changes do not have too much of a side-effect on our Singular packages...
>
> Please note that there has been a major upgrade to Cygwin/X, which
> affects your startxserver.bat and the "Start X Server" shortcut in
> singular-icons.  I suggest you remove these and depend on xinit instead,
> which contains the current version of the X startup scripts.
>

> Yaakov
> Cygwin/X

Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: Change of Singular maintainer
@ 2008-12-19 10:09         ` Frank Seelisch
From: Frank Seelisch @ 2008-12-19 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Corinna,

yes, I did. Thanks for the hint.

We're still in prep for packaging Singular 3-1-0...
To be honest; I'm new to X Server related stuff, so still a bit
clueless. I will contact Oliver (Wienand), in order to get this done asap.

Frank

@ 2008-12-19 10:14           ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2008-12-19 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Dec 19 11:04, Frank Seelisch wrote:
> Corinna,
>
> yes, I did. Thanks for the hint.
>
> We're still in prep for packaging Singular 3-1-0...
> To be honest; I'm new to X Server related stuff, so still a bit clueless. I
> will contact Oliver (Wienand), in order to get this done asap.

Cool.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: Change of Singular maintainer
@ 2008-12-23 14:04             ` Frank Seelisch
From: Frank Seelisch @ 2008-12-23 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps, Oliver Wienand

Ok, we solely depend on startxwin.bat now, which I found in the 1.7
Cygwin download. (I need to further test everything when we package
Singular early next year...)

Wish you a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!

So long,
Frank