On Aug 5 16:05, Andy Koppe wrote: > On 4 August 2011 15:29, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > On Aug  4 09:19, Charles Wilson wrote: > >> On 8/4/2011 4:39 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >> > Sure!  I would be more happy with the fatbuttlarry icon if it would > >> > be available in a nice 256x256 variation, though.  That's really a > >> > big plus of Warren's version. > >> > >> Here (well, it's 237x258 but that's nothing that can't be fixed with > >> little GIMP). > > > > Nice, thank you. > > Ditto. Where did you find that? There isn't a vector version of this, is there? > > I'm asking because that would allow to remove the shadow under the C > without impacting the edge of the C which has a bit of a fade-out on > it. I realised that I'd used the 24bpp version of cygicons-0.dll,9, > which doesn't have the shadow, but only because it doesn't have an > alpha channel. > > > Do you know how to convert the green glow around > > the C to grey, by any chance? > > Here's what I did, in Paint.net. I very much suspect there are better ways. > > - Select the green arrow with the rectangular select tool. > - Invert the selection, thereby selecting everything but the green arrow. > - Go to Adjustments->Hue/Saturation: Turn the hue to -60 (yellow) and > the saturation to 200 (maximum). OK. > - Adjustments->Black and White. > > (The point of turning it bright yellow before the Black and White step > is to make the resulting grey as light as possible.) Works extremly well in gimp. Thanks for the hint! I attached my result. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat