[Redirected to cygwin-apps] On Sep 15 08:11, Henri wrote: > Hi, > > After upgrading vim, I noticed that the suffix of the compressed filename > in /etc/setup/installed.db did not match the one in setup.ini (and the one > in my private repo). > > /etc/setup/installed.db: > vim vim-7.3.1314-1.tar.bz2 0 # .bz2 > > //x86/setup.ini: > install: x86/release/vim/vim-7.3.1314-1.tar.xz 911140 f8565 ... # .xz > > Q: will installed.db reflect the correct suffix again in the near future? Ouch, I just had a quick look and in package_db.cc, method packagedb::flush, the filename in installed.db is constructed by appending a fixed string ".tar.bz2" to name and version. I skimmed the definition of the class packageversion, but I don't see an easy way to extract the correct filename or, FWIW, just the correct suffix. Apparently the filename is not stored for installed files. I tried to use the getfirstfile method but it returned an empty string. Does anybody have an idea how to fix this? Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat