On Oct 15 16:00, Christopher Faylor wrote: > On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 06:03:16PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >On Oct 15 17:53, Achim Gratz wrote: > >> Corinna Vinschen writes: > >> > Does anybody have an idea how to fix this? > >> > >> Pragmatically the compression suffix could be dropped (just appending > >> ".tar"), since setup.exe doesn't care what it is anyway. > > > >I was assuming that some people automatically scan installed.db for some > >purposes, and for those people the current state is broken with .tar.xz > >archives. > > Since installed.db is intended for use by cygwin tools that we support > it is not really "wrong" for it to use .bz2. It is just odd. However, > I think we should just the .tar.* extension entirely and fix cygcheck to > deal with that case. Right. We should then release 1.7.26 soon to get the new cygcheck out of the door. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat