public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* A couple of uploads are missing "!ready" files
@ 2013-10-23  3:51 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2013-10-23  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I notice that David Stacey and Chris Sutcliffe have .tar.* files in
their directories but no accompanying !ready files in the directories or
in the directories above them.  Without those the packages won't be
moved.  If you create a !ready in an x86_64 directory it won't apply to
packages in x86 directories.  This only applies to packages in the same
directory or below.

cgf

* Re: A couple of uploads are missing "!ready" files
@ 2013-10-23  4:03 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2013-10-23  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 11:51:40PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>I notice that David Stacey and Chris Sutcliffe have .tar.* files in
>their directories but no accompanying !ready files in the directories or
>in the directories above them.  Without those the packages won't be
>moved.  If you create a !ready in an x86_64 directory it won't apply to
>packages in x86 directories.  This only applies to packages in the same
>directory or below.

Btw, I created the !ready files...

@ 2013-10-23  5:38   ` David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2013-10-23  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 23/10/13 05:03, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 11:51:40PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> I notice that David Stacey and Chris Sutcliffe have .tar.* files in
>> their directories but no accompanying !ready files in the directories or
>> in the directories above them.  Without those the packages won't be
>> moved.  If you create a !ready in an x86_64 directory it won't apply to
>> packages in x86 directories.  This only applies to packages in the same
>> directory or below.
> Btw, I created the !ready files...

Please forgive me, but I'm slightly confused here. I used the 'mirror'
command to upload my new package, as per your example. Then I created a
!ready file at the top level:

     cd x86/release
     mirror -eR icoutils
     [Similar for x86_64]
     cd /
     put /dev/null -o !ready

I noticed that the new files were copied into ftp.cygwin.com and then I
sent out the announcement.

Was any part of this wrong?

Thanks in advance for the clarification,

Dave.

* Re: A couple of uploads are missing "!ready" files
@ 2013-10-23 11:23 ` Chris Sutcliffe
From: Chris Sutcliffe @ 2013-10-23 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin-apps

On 22 October 2013 23:51, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I notice that David Stacey and Chris Sutcliffe have .tar.* files in
> their directories but no accompanying !ready files in the directories or
> in the directories above them.  Without those the packages won't be
> moved.  If you create a !ready in an x86_64 directory it won't apply to
> packages in x86 directories.  This only applies to packages in the same
> directory or below.

My understanding was that if I placed a "!ready" file in the root
(i.e. the directory above x86 and x86_64) it would grab the files for
both architectures.  Since I had cppcheck ready for both architectures
I thought this was the correct placement of the file.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood something.

Thank you,

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org

* Re: A couple of uploads are missing "!ready" files
@ 2013-10-23 13:42   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2013-10-23 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 07:23:02AM -0400, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>On 22 October 2013 23:51, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> I notice that David Stacey and Chris Sutcliffe have .tar.* files in
>> their directories but no accompanying !ready files in the directories or
>> in the directories above them.  Without those the packages won't be
>> moved.  If you create a !ready in an x86_64 directory it won't apply to
>> packages in x86 directories.  This only applies to packages in the same
>> directory or below.
>
>My understanding was that if I placed a "!ready" file in the root
>(i.e. the directory above x86 and x86_64) it would grab the files for
>both architectures.  Since I had cppcheck ready for both architectures
>I thought this was the correct placement of the file.
>
>Please let me know if I have misunderstood something.

Your understanding was correct but I didn't think through how this is
implemented and gave incorrect instructions.  Since upset runs once for
each architecture, it deletes the !ready on the first architecture and
then never notices it for the second.

So, for the foreseeable future, you need two !ready files.

Sorry for the miscommunication.

cgf