On Nov 4 12:45, Christopher Faylor wrote: > On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 01:39:25PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >On Oct 31 12:34, Mikhail Usenko wrote: > >> Thanks for the comment. I've forgotten to test the script on 32-bit Windows. > >> Now it uses a bash-specific variable to determine the CPU type and should work OK. > >> > >> Also after some time of using I've completely rewritten it having added new > >> functionality and renamed it to 'cygcheck-dep'. > >> > >> setup.hint: > >> ----------- > >> category: Utils > >> requires: bash coreutils sed wget bzip2 > >> sdesc: "Show information on dependencies for installed Cygwin packages" > >> ----------- > > > >Neat. I toyed a bit with your script and I like it. This could > >come in handy to isolate installation problems. I uploaded the > >package. Please send an announcement along the lines of the > >existing announcements to the cygwin-announce list. > > This needs to be in cygwin-pkg-maint Did so while uploading. > and we'll need information as per: > https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html . > > Also, FWIW, this package didn't really go through the vetting process of > getting the required number of votes. I don't object to it going in but > I don't think we want to get into the habit of short circuiting > published procedures without at least acknowledging that we are doing > so for a reason. Well, it's just a small helper script and it looked useful enough, but you're right, of course. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat