public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Struggling to upload
@ 2013-11-11 22:56 David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2013-11-11 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I am attempting to upload perl-Text-CSV_XS-1.02-1 for both x86 and
x86_64 architectures. I have uploaded the files into my home directory,
and created '~/x86/!ready' and '~/x86_64/!ready' files. I see that the
two '!ready' files have disappeared, but the new package is still in my
home directory and is not visible on ftp.cygwin.com.

Please could you tell me what I have done wrong!

Many thanks in advance,

Dave.

* Re: Struggling to upload
@ 2013-11-12  5:31 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2013-11-12  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 10:50:00PM +0000, David Stacey wrote:
>I am attempting to upload perl-Text-CSV_XS-1.02-1 for both x86 and
>x86_64 architectures. I have uploaded the files into my home directory,
>and created '~/x86/!ready' and '~/x86_64/!ready' files. I see that the
>two '!ready' files have disappeared, but the new package is still in my
>home directory and is not visible on ftp.cygwin.com.
>
>Please could you tell me what I have done wrong!

The software responsible for moving packages into the cygwin release area
only recognizes your packages as listed in:

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint

Unfortunately, the files you uploaded don't match the case of the
package in that file (perl-Text-CSV_XS vs. perl-text-csv_xs).  I've
just made 'upset' do a case insensitive match so try creating !ready
files again and see if they are then eventually moved.

cgf

* Re: Struggling to upload
@ 2013-11-12 20:11   ` David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2013-11-12 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 12/11/13 05:31, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 10:50:00PM +0000, David Stacey wrote:
>> >I am attempting to upload perl-Text-CSV_XS-1.02-1 for both x86 and
>> >x86_64 architectures. I have uploaded the files into my home directory,
>> >and created '~/x86/!ready' and '~/x86_64/!ready' files. I see that the
>> >two '!ready' files have disappeared, but the new package is still in my
>> >home directory and is not visible onftp.cygwin.com.
>> >
>> >Please could you tell me what I have done wrong!
> The software responsible for moving packages into the cygwin release area
> only recognizes your packages as listed in:
>
> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint
>
> Unfortunately, the files you uploaded don't match the case of the
> package in that file (perl-Text-CSV_XS vs. perl-text-csv_xs).  I've
> just made 'upset' do a case insensitive match so try creating !ready
> files again and see if they are then eventually moved.

Thanks - that fixed the problem.

BTW, I took a quick look through the cygwin-pkg-maint page, just to make
sure that all of my packages were listed correctly. I spotted one
mistake: please could you change 'doxywizard' to 'doxygen-doxywizard',
as this is a sub-package of doxygen.

Many thanks once again for fixing the upload problem,

Dave.

* Re: Struggling to upload
@ 2013-11-12 21:00     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2013-11-12 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Nov 12 20:11, David Stacey wrote:
> BTW, I took a quick look through the cygwin-pkg-maint page, just to
> make sure that all of my packages were listed correctly. I spotted
> one mistake: please could you change 'doxywizard' to
> 'doxygen-doxywizard', as this is a sub-package of doxygen.

Fixed in cygwin-pkg-maint.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 836 bytes --]

* Re: Struggling to upload
@ 2017-09-30  8:50   ` David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2017-09-30  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 29/09/17 23:44, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 29/09/2017 23:04, David Stacey wrote:
>> I'm trying to upload a new version of ruby-puppet-lint, a 'noarch'
>> package. I've FTP-d the files in and created a '!ready' cookie, but
>> the files aren't being moved.
>>
>> I've probably done something wrong - please could someone take a look.
>
> No, this was my fault, calm stopped running due to something it
> couldn't handle.
>
> I've restarted it, and it seems to have moved your upload (and a
> couple of others that have been sitting there since yesterday :()

Thanks very much.

Dave.

* Re: Struggling to upload
@ 2017-09-29 22:44 ` Jon Turney