public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] Regina-REXX-3.8-1
@ 2014-06-09  8:45 Mark Hessling
From: Mark Hessling @ 2014-06-09  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Regina-REXX is an implementation of ANSI Standard Rexx available on many
platforms.

Regina-REXX is found on a number of Linux platforms, including Debian:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/r/regina-rexx.html

Supplied source, binary and setup.hint files built with cygport.
Regina-REXX.cygport contents:
NAME="Regina-REXX"
VERSION=3.8
RELEASE=1
CATEGORY="Interpreters"
SUMMARY="An ANSI compliant Rexx Interpreter for multiple platforms."
DESCRIPTION="Rexx is a procedural language that allows programs and
algorithms to be
written in a clear and structured way.
It is also designed to be used as a macro language by application programs."
SRC_URI="mirror://sourceforge/regina-rexx/${NAME}-${VERSION}.tar.gz"
HOMEPAGE="http://regina-rexx.sourceforge.net"
DOCS="COPYING-LIB TODO README.38"
src_compile() {
cd ${B}
cygconf
cygmake
}
src_install() {
cd ${B}
cyginstall -j1
}

src_compile() required as the default src_compile() attempts to run
autoheaders; Regina-REXX does not use autoheaders.

Files for 32bit port:
http://rexx.org/cygwin/regina-rexx/32bit/
setup.hint generated by cygport:
category: Interpreters
requires: bash crypt libgcc1 libncursesw10
sdesc: "An ANSI compliant Rexx Interpreter for multiple platforms."
ldesc: "Rexx is a procedural language that allows programs and
algorithms to be
written in a clear and structured way.
It is also designed to be used as a macro language by application programs."

Files for 64bit port:
http://rexx.org/cygwin/regina-rexx/64bit/
setup.hint generated by cygport:
category: Interpreters
requires: bash libcrypt0 libncursesw10
sdesc: "An ANSI compliant Rexx Interpreter for multiple platforms."
ldesc: "Rexx is a procedural language that allows programs and
algorithms to be
written in a clear and structured way.
It is also designed to be used as a macro language by application programs."

Thanks, Mark

* Mark Hessling,mark@rexx.org  http://www.rexx.org/
* Author of THE, a Free XEDIT/KEDIT editor and, Rexx/SQL, Rexx/CURL, etc.
* Maintainer of Regina Rexx interpreter
* Use Rexx? join the Rexx Language Association:http://www.rexxla.org/

* Re: [ITP] Regina-REXX-3.8-1
@ 2014-06-17  8:12 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-06-17  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi Mark,

On Jun  9 18:45, Mark Hessling wrote:
> Regina-REXX is an implementation of ANSI Standard Rexx available on many
> platforms.
>
> Regina-REXX is found on a number of Linux platforms, including Debian:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/r/regina-rexx.html
>
> [...]

Thanks for providing this package.  I had a look and I have a few nits:

- The DLLs in /usr/bin are not following the naming convention for
  Cygwin DLLs.  They should start with the "cyg" prefix.

- The files /usr/bin/rxtest1.dll and /usr/bin/rxtest2.dll look like
  stray files, which are not supposed to be distributed.  They are
  not present in the Debian distro.

- The Debian package is split into three subpackages, regina-rexx,
  libregina3, and libregina-dev.  Apart from the fact that the devel
  package in Cygwin should be called libregina-devel, this layout
  seems to make a lot of sense.  Wouldn't it be better to do this
  for the Cygwin package as well?

- The package-specific directories are called "Regina-REXX", while on
  debian they are lowercase only, "regina-rexx".  It's very much a
  matter of taste, but it might be nice to do this for Cygwin as well.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: [ITP] Regina-REXX-3.8-1
@ 2014-06-17 11:51   ` Mark Hessling
From: Mark Hessling @ 2014-06-17 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi Corrina,

Thanks for reviewing the proposal. Comments inline.

Cheers, Mark

On 17/06/14 18:12, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> On Jun  9 18:45, Mark Hessling wrote:
>> Regina-REXX is an implementation of ANSI Standard Rexx available on many
>> platforms.
>>
>> Regina-REXX is found on a number of Linux platforms, including Debian:
>> http://packages.qa.debian.org/r/regina-rexx.html
>>
>> [...]
> Thanks for providing this package.  I had a look and I have a few nits:
>
> - The DLLs in /usr/bin are not following the naming convention for
>    Cygwin DLLs.  They should start with the "cyg" prefix.

Will fix.

> - The files /usr/bin/rxtest1.dll and /usr/bin/rxtest2.dll look like
>    stray files, which are not supposed to be distributed.  They are
>    not present in the Debian distro.
They are test extensions that go with the dynfunc.rexx demo program.  I
can remove them and the associated demo program.

> - The Debian package is split into three subpackages, regina-rexx,
>    libregina3, and libregina-dev.  Apart from the fact that the devel
>    package in Cygwin should be called libregina-devel, this layout
>    seems to make a lot of sense.  Wouldn't it be better to do this
>    for the Cygwin package as well?
I was trying to make things simple for my first Cygwin package :-)

> - The package-specific directories are called "Regina-REXX", while on
>    debian they are lowercase only, "regina-rexx".  It's very much a
>    matter of taste, but it might be nice to do this for Cygwin as well.
The Regina-REXX name was based on the RPM packaging name that was a
hangover from older RedHat and Fedora releases.
I'll split the build into separate packages as for Debian and follow
Debian's all lowercase naming as well.

@ 2014-06-17 12:28     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-06-17 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Jun 17 21:50, Mark Hessling wrote:
> Hi Corrina,

s/rrin/rinn/

> Thanks for reviewing the proposal. Comments inline.
>
> Cheers, Mark
>
> On 17/06/14 18:12, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >Hi Mark,
> >
> >On Jun  9 18:45, Mark Hessling wrote:
> >>Regina-REXX is an implementation of ANSI Standard Rexx available on many
> >>platforms.
> >>
> >>Regina-REXX is found on a number of Linux platforms, including Debian:
> >>http://packages.qa.debian.org/r/regina-rexx.html
> >>
> >>[...]
> >Thanks for providing this package.  I had a look and I have a few nits:
> >
> >- The DLLs in /usr/bin are not following the naming convention for
> >   Cygwin DLLs.  They should start with the "cyg" prefix.
>
> Will fix.
> >
> >- The files /usr/bin/rxtest1.dll and /usr/bin/rxtest2.dll look like
> >   stray files, which are not supposed to be distributed.  They are
> >   not present in the Debian distro.
> They are test extensions that go with the dynfunc.rexx demo program.  I can
> remove them and the associated demo program.
> >
> >- The Debian package is split into three subpackages, regina-rexx,
> >   libregina3, and libregina-dev.  Apart from the fact that the devel
> >   package in Cygwin should be called libregina-devel, this layout
> >   seems to make a lot of sense.  Wouldn't it be better to do this
> >   for the Cygwin package as well?
> I was trying to make things simple for my first Cygwin package :-)

It's not very complicated to define subpackages in the cygport file, in
fact.  You just define the names of the packages in the variable
PKG_NAMES, and then you can define the per-package information like
this:

  PKG_NAMES="foo bar"

  foo_CATEGORY="..."	# categories of package foo
  foo_CONTENTS="..."	# list of files for package foo (glob pattern!)
  foo_SUMMARY="..."	# Summary for package foo
  foo_DESCRIPTION="..." # Description for package foo

  bar_CATEGORY="..."	# categories of package bar
  bar_CONTENTS="..."	# list of files for package bar (glob pattern!)
  bar_SUMMARY="..."	# Summary for package bar
  bar_DESCRIPTION="..." # Description for package bar

You just have to make sure to catch all installed files in the CONTENTS
variables.  Files which get installed but are supposed to be not packed
can be removed in the src_install stage.

> >- The package-specific directories are called "Regina-REXX", while on
> >   debian they are lowercase only, "regina-rexx".  It's very much a
> >   matter of taste, but it might be nice to do this for Cygwin as well.
> The Regina-REXX name was based on the RPM packaging name that was a hangover
> from older RedHat and Fedora releases.
> I'll split the build into separate packages as for Debian and follow
> Debian's all lowercase naming as well.

Just take the path you like better.  As I said, it's just a matter
of taste anyway.

@ 2014-06-17 13:02       ` Mark Hessling
From: Mark Hessling @ 2014-06-17 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 17/06/14 22:27, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun 17 21:50, Mark Hessling wrote:
>> Hi Corrina,
> s/rrin/rinn/
Oops, sorry; it's late here!

Will follow your advice below and build new packages in the next few days.

Cheers, Mark

* [ITP] regina-rexx-3.8.2-1
@ 2014-06-30  2:35   ` Mark Hessling
From: Mark Hessling @ 2014-06-30  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I am resubmitting Regina-REXX for inclusion in the Cygwin distribution.
Package version is now 3.8.2-1.

Comments on original submission below have been addressed inline.

32bit package files can be obtained with:
wget --recursive --no-host-directories --cut-dirs=1 --no-parent
--reject="index.html*" http://rexx.org/cygwin/regina-rexx.i686/

64bit package files can be obtained with:
wget --recursive --no-host-directories --cut-dirs=1 --no-parent
--reject="index.html*" http://rexx.org/cygwin/regina-rexx.x86_64/

regina-rexx.cygport:

PKG_NAMES="regina-rexx libregina libregina-devel"
PKG_HINTS="regina-rexx libregina libregina-devel"
NAME="regina-rexx"
ORIG_PN="Regina-REXX"
VERSION=3.8.2
RELEASE=1
SRC_URI="mirror://sourceforge/regina-rexx/${ORIG_PN}-${VERSION}.tar.gz"
HOMEPAGE="http://regina-rexx.sourceforge.net"
DOCS="COPYING-LIB TODO README.382"

regina_rexx_CATEGORY="Interpreters"
regina_rexx_SUMMARY="An ANSI compliant Rexx Interpreter. Binaries and
demo programs."
regina_rexx_DESCRIPTION="Rexx is a procedural language that allows
programs and algorithms to be
written in a clear and structured way.
It is also designed to be used as a macro language by application programs.
This package contains binaries and demo programs."
regina_rexx_CONTENTS="--exclude=cygregina.dll usr/bin/
usr/share/man/man1/ usr/share/regina-rexx/*.mtb
usr/share/regina-rexx/examples/ usr/share/regina-rexx/addons/rx*dll
usr/share/doc/"

libregina_CATEGORY="Interpreters"
libregina_SUMMARY="An ANSI compliant Rexx Interpreter. Runtime libraries."
libregina_DESCRIPTION="Rexx is a procedural language that allows
programs and algorithms to be
written in a clear and structured way.
It is also designed to be used as a macro language by application programs.
This package contains runtime libraries."
libregina_CONTENTS="usr/bin/cygregina.dll
usr/share/regina-rexx/addons/regutil.dll"

libregina_devel_CATEGORY="Interpreters"
libregina_devel_SUMMARY="An ANSI compliant Rexx Interpreter. Development
libraries and headers."
libregina_devel_DESCRIPTION="Rexx is a procedural language that allows
programs and algorithms to be
written in a clear and structured way.
It is also designed to be used as a macro language by application programs.
This package contains development libraries and headers."
libregina_devel_CONTENTS="usr/include/ usr/lib/"
libregina_devel_REQUIRES="libregina"

src_compile() {
cd ${B}
cygconf
cygmake
}
src_install() {
cd ${B}
cyginstall -j1
}

setup.hint for regina-rexx subpackage:
category: Interpreters
requires: bash crypt libgcc1 libregina
sdesc: "An ANSI compliant Rexx Interpreter. Binaries and demo programs."
ldesc: "Rexx is a procedural language that allows programs and
algorithms to be
written in a clear and structured way.
It is also designed to be used as a macro language by application programs.
This package contains binaries and demo programs."

setup.hint for libregina subpackage:
category: Interpreters
requires: crypt libgcc1 libncursesw10
sdesc: "An ANSI compliant Rexx Interpreter. Runtime libraries."
ldesc: "Rexx is a procedural language that allows programs and
algorithms to be
written in a clear and structured way.
It is also designed to be used as a macro language by application programs.
This package contains runtime libraries."
external-source: regina-rexx

setup.hint for libregina-devel subpackage:
category: Interpreters
requires:  libregina
sdesc: "An ANSI compliant Rexx Interpreter. Development libraries and
headers."
ldesc: "Rexx is a procedural language that allows programs and
algorithms to be
written in a clear and structured way.
It is also designed to be used as a macro language by application programs.
This package contains development libraries and headers."
external-source: regina-rexx

Thanks, Mark

On 17/06/14 18:12, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> On Jun  9 18:45, Mark Hessling wrote:
>> Regina-REXX is an implementation of ANSI Standard Rexx available on many
>> platforms.
>>
>> Regina-REXX is found on a number of Linux platforms, including Debian:
>> http://packages.qa.debian.org/r/regina-rexx.html
>>
>> [...]
> Thanks for providing this package.  I had a look and I have a few nits:
>
> - The DLLs in /usr/bin are not following the naming convention for
>    Cygwin DLLs.  They should start with the "cyg" prefix.
DLLs in /usr/bin are now prefixed with "cyg"; cygregina.dll is the only
DLL in /usr/bin.  Other DLLs that are dynamically loaded by Regina;
regutil.dll, rxtest1.dll and rxtest2.dll are installed into
/usr/share/regina-rexx/addons

> - The files /usr/bin/rxtest1.dll and /usr/bin/rxtest2.dll look like
>    stray files, which are not supposed to be distributed.  They are
>    not present in the Debian distro.
As above these sample language extension files are installed into
/usr/share/regina-rexx/addons.  With this version of Regina-REXX, the
Debian packages also include these sample language extension files.

> - The Debian package is split into three subpackages, regina-rexx,
>    libregina3, and libregina-dev.  Apart from the fact that the devel
>    package in Cygwin should be called libregina-devel, this layout
>    seems to make a lot of sense.  Wouldn't it be better to do this
>    for the Cygwin package as well?
The package is now split into 3 subpackages: regina-rexx, libregina and
libregina-devel to match the Debian format.

> - The package-specific directories are called "Regina-REXX", while on
>    debian they are lowercase only, "regina-rexx".  It's very much a
>    matter of taste, but it might be nice to do this for Cygwin as well.
For Cygwin, the package name is regina-rexx; all lowercase.

> Thanks,
> Corinna

* Mark Hessling, mark@rexx.org http://www.rexx.org/
* Author of THE, a Free XEDIT/KEDIT editor and, Rexx/SQL, Rexx/CURL, etc.
* Maintainer of Regina Rexx interpreter
* Use Rexx? join the Rexx Language Association: http://www.rexxla.org/

* Re: [ITP] regina-rexx-3.8.2-1
@ 2014-07-03 10:49     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-07-03 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi Mark,

On Jun 30 12:35, Mark Hessling wrote:
> I am resubmitting Regina-REXX for inclusion in the Cygwin distribution.
> Package version is now 3.8.2-1.
>
> Comments on original submission below have been addressed inline.
>
> 32bit package files can be obtained with:
> wget --recursive --no-host-directories --cut-dirs=1 --no-parent
> --reject="index.html*" http://rexx.org/cygwin/regina-rexx.i686/
>
> 64bit package files can be obtained with:
> wget --recursive --no-host-directories --cut-dirs=1 --no-parent
> --reject="index.html*" http://rexx.org/cygwin/regina-rexx.x86_64/

This looks good to me.  Just for clarity, your directory layout from
the above pages is

  libregina/
  libregina-devel/
  regina-rexx/
      regina-rexx-debuginfo/

This should be changed to

  regina-rexx/
      libregina/
      libregina-devel/
      regina-rexx-debuginfo/

but that's the only potential problem I can see.

I've added you as regina-rexx maintainer.  Can you please send your ssh
key per

  https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html

@ 2014-07-03 18:03       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2014-07-03 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 12:49:52PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>I've added you as regina-rexx maintainer.  Can you please send your ssh
>key per
>
>  https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html

Sigh.  You have to first add...

Oh!  Wait.  Nevermind.  *Blush*