public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Python 3.4.2
@ 2015-01-14  8:03 Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-01-14  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps; +Cc: Jason Tishler

Jason,

Python 3.2 is no longer supported upstream, and many packages now
require newer versions.  Any idea on a timeframe for a coordinated
upgrade to 3.4.2?

Yaakov

* Re: Python 3.4.2
@ 2015-01-21  1:51 ` Jason Tishler
From: Jason Tishler @ 2015-01-21  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 02:03:34AM -0600, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Python 3.2 is no longer supported upstream, and many packages now
> require newer versions.  Any idea on a timeframe for a coordinated
> upgrade to 3.4.2?

After much deliberation, I have decide to put my packages up for
adoption. I have not had enough free time to properly maintain my
packages for quite some time. Unfortunately, this is not going to
change for the foreseeable future.

Is anyone willing to adopt one or more of the following?

    Python
    fetchmail
    ProFTPD
    rebase

Thanks,
Jason

* Re: Python 3.4.2 [GOLDSTAR]
@ 2015-01-21  6:54   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-01-21  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps; +Cc: Jason Tishler

On Tue, 2015-01-20 at 20:50 -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 02:03:34AM -0600, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > Python 3.2 is no longer supported upstream, and many packages now
> > require newer versions.  Any idea on a timeframe for a coordinated
> > upgrade to 3.4.2?
>
> After much deliberation, I have decide to put my packages up for
> adoption. I have not had enough free time to properly maintain my
> packages for quite some time. Unfortunately, this is not going to
> change for the foreseeable future.

No worries, hopefully you're busy with good things.  Could we polish a
gold watch in recognition of Jason's 14 years of contributions to
Cygwin?

> Is anyone willing to adopt one or more of the following?
>
>     Python

I'll take both versions, given that I'm already set up to build them.

>     fetchmail
>     ProFTPD

I've mark the rest as orphaned, but...

>     rebase

Achim, any interest?

--
Yaakov

* Re: Python 3.4.2 [GOLDSTAR]
@ 2015-01-21  9:01     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-01-21  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Jan 21 00:54, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-01-20 at 20:50 -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 02:03:34AM -0600, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > > Python 3.2 is no longer supported upstream, and many packages now
> > > require newer versions.  Any idea on a timeframe for a coordinated
> > > upgrade to 3.4.2?
> >
> > After much deliberation, I have decide to put my packages up for
> > adoption. I have not had enough free time to properly maintain my
> > packages for quite some time. Unfortunately, this is not going to
> > change for the foreseeable future.
>
> No worries, hopefully you're busy with good things.  Could we polish a
> gold watch in recognition of Jason's 14 years of contributions to
> Cygwin?

Full ACK.  Thanks for all your work, Jason.

> > Is anyone willing to adopt one or more of the following?
> >
> >     Python
>
> I'll take both versions, given that I'm already set up to build them.
>
> >     fetchmail
> >     ProFTPD
>
> I've mark the rest as orphaned, but...
>
> >     rebase
>
> Achim, any interest?

I'll take fetchmail and rebase, given that I already changed rebase a
lot and built both packages for 64 bit already.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: Python 3.4.2 [GOLDSTAR]
@ 2015-01-21 13:16     ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2015-01-21 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> > After much deliberation, I have decide to put my packages up for
> > adoption. I have not had enough free time to properly maintain my
> > packages for quite some time. Unfortunately, this is not going to
> > change for the foreseeable future.
>
> No worries, hopefully you're busy with good things.  Could we polish a
> gold watch in recognition of Jason's 14 years of contributions to
> Cygwin?

Awarded!  http://cygwin.com/goldstars/#JT

* Re: Python 3.4.2 [GOLDSTAR]
@ 2015-01-27 21:02       ` Jason Tishler
From: Jason Tishler @ 2015-01-27 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 08:15:59AM -0500, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > > After much deliberation, I have decide to put my packages up for
> > > adoption. I have not had enough free time to properly maintain my
> > > packages for quite some time. Unfortunately, this is not going to
> > > change for the foreseeable future.
> >
> > No worries, hopefully you're busy with good things.  Could we polish a
> > gold watch in recognition of Jason's 14 years of contributions to
> > Cygwin?
>
> Awarded!  http://cygwin.com/goldstars/#JT

I really appreciate the gold watch!

Thanks,