On Jun 8 13:34, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote: > On Mon, 2015-06-08 at 15:49 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > On Jun 8 14:56, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > On Jun 3 19:11, Achim Gratz wrote: > > > > Yaakov Selkowitz writes: > > > > > Anyone looking at the sources would be tainted thereby. Because we are > > > > > concerned about the licensing of upset, AFAICS we are going to have to > > > > > clean-room reverse-engineer this. > > > > > > > > So what exactly does upset that genini doesn't when it comes to > > > > generating setup.ini and what other functions does it do in the > > > > maintenance of the download area (which I assume is the part where it > > > > gets hairy)? > > > > > > Basically upset generates setup.ini and setup.bz2 files and a makefile > > > signs the files. But additionally upset also creates the data for the > > > package search and it does the uploading from the package staging area. > > > > ...it also handles the "autodep" and "incver_ifdep" stuff in setup.hint. > > > > "autodep" (and "noautodep") seems to have a bug, though, as we discussed > > a while back. It seems to miss adding some of the required dependencies. > > Do we really need autodep anymore? IDK. autodep is only used to create the auto-dependency to the "cygwin" package, except for the two "noautodep" packages _update-info-dir and _autorebase. The reason, afair, was to make sure the dependency chain created by setup when (un-)installing in the right order makes sense. If you think we don't need it anymore, please explain. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat