On Jun 30 19:14, Achim Gratz wrote: > Corinna Vinschen writes: > > Ok, for once. But please make sure that you split the commit into > > functional chunks next time it's so large. > > Well, the original patch was a lot smaller and I didn't really expect > that I'd have to replace such a large chunk of the old code to make > things work correctly. I've thought about it some more and I guess I > can split off the search implementation in fromcwd. The meat of the > patch would still be quite large, though. > > > And send it to this list, so > > code snippets can be referenced in the review. > > Sure. > > > A few more nits, mostly on style: > > > > - What I'm missing are code comments in do_local_ini and do_remote_ini > > describing what the new methods do. Yes, the old code didn't have a > > lot of comments either, but it would be nice to have this better > > explained for future reference. > > I'll add some. Thanks. > > - Do you plan to keep the DEBUG_FROMCWD bracketed code in there? If so, > > it should probably just use `#if DEBUG' as elsewhere. > > I was using similar code from crypto.cc as a guide. I can remove that > code as it's debugged now. If you're *really* sure we don't need the debug statements anymore, then, yes, remove them. > In the long run it'd be better to have > Log(DEBUG_...) calls that get optimized out when doing the final build > indtead of conditional compilation. ACK > > - The call to yydebug=1 is almost invisible now. Please revert that > > to the old > > > > [empty line] > > /*yydebug = 1; */ > > [empty line] > > OK. > > > - ini_decompress as a function name may be a bit misleading. What > > about decompress_ini_file instead? > > OK. > > > Otherwise it looks ok, especially splitting the code into the new > > functions ini_decompress/decompress_ini_file and check_ini_sig and > > removing IniParseFindVisitor is a blessing. > > I'd have really liked to refactor local and remote as well as they are > almost exact copies of each other. I didn't try if file:// URLs would > have worked, maybe they do. If so, the search part for the remote init > would need to be lifted so that both code paths would just process a > list of URLs. Sounds good to me for some later patch. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat