On Jul 15 16:24, Marco Atzeri wrote: > Dear All, > I spent a bit of time checking the real situation of the packages > still missing as 64 bit port. > After xdelta, bsdiff and iperf porting, without counting the few mingw ones, > the duplicates we are down to ~44. > > Please see here the analysis : > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hn7Eaq6djEN9X0jS_AM8-DH_LvP43G9_DXnpTt09Asc/edit#gid=0 > Feel free to insert comments on the cells. > > For what I found : > > - half of them are dead upstream so we can directly > obsolete and don't worry anynore. > > - Few are Jary's scripts, so the only porting issue is Jary's time. > > - Very few have real porting issue > > The only one really interesting for me is Mathomatic and eventually catdoc > if works with latest word documents. > (of course I will port pure-ftpd) Thanks for looking into this. Two points: - Shall we remove all 32b-bit only orphaned packages for which we don't get a maintainer until, say, end of August? - We should probably consider to remove the mingw.org packages. All of them. They are hopelessly outdated and mingw-w64 does the same job better hands down. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat