On Jul 15 16:12, Ken Brown wrote: > On 7/15/2015 2:28 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >On Jul 15 16:24, Marco Atzeri wrote: > >>Dear All, > >>I spent a bit of time checking the real situation of the packages > >>still missing as 64 bit port. > >>After xdelta, bsdiff and iperf porting, without counting the few mingw ones, > >>the duplicates we are down to ~44. > >> > >>Please see here the analysis : > >>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hn7Eaq6djEN9X0jS_AM8-DH_LvP43G9_DXnpTt09Asc/edit#gid=0 > >>Feel free to insert comments on the cells. > >> > >>For what I found : > >> > >>- half of them are dead upstream so we can directly > >>obsolete and don't worry anynore. > >> > >>- Few are Jary's scripts, so the only porting issue is Jary's time. > >> > >>- Very few have real porting issue > >> > >>The only one really interesting for me is Mathomatic and eventually catdoc > >>if works with latest word documents. > >>(of course I will port pure-ftpd) > > > >Thanks for looking into this. > > > >Two points: > > > >- Shall we remove all 32b-bit only orphaned packages for which we don't > > get a maintainer until, say, end of August? > > That seems reasonable, as long as there are exceptions for packages where > the lack of a 64-bit package is due to genuine porting difficulties. > libsigsegv was in that category until yesterday. Another one I'm aware of > is ffcall. I understand, but they are unmaintained. So, who's going to check if they are buildable as 64 bit packages? Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat