On Sep 1 18:47, Achim Gratz wrote: > Andrew Schulman writes: > > However now that I try this, it doesn't work. I posted a message and gmane > > accepted it, but the post (Subject: gmane now allows posting directly to > > cygwin-apps) hasn't appeared. In cases like this, gmane's position (in their > > FAQ) is that they sent the email, and the problem must be elsewhere. > > Which likely is the case, given that cgf hated Gmane for whatever reason > and also kept the spam traps adjusted. > > > Does anyone know if there's something about the sourceware mailing list software > > or configuration that would keep it from accepting email to cygwin-apps sent via > > gmane? Note that I've used gmane exclusively to post to the cygwin list for > > years. It works fine. Only cygwin-apps seems to be affected by this problem. > > I'd say that mail through Gmane is still filtered on Sourceware. I guess you're right. What we got a while back was to remove the extra-aggressive filters on the cygwin mailing lists, so the spam filtering on those are the same now as for any other mailing list on sourceware. So I assume (but I don't know that, actually) that the same gmane filtering is done for all mailing lists on sware. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat