On Oct 19 19:21, Achim Gratz wrote: > Corinna Vinschen writes: > > I agree. Actually, considering that the info files are stored in just a > > single well-known directory, /usr/share/info(*), and further considering > > that updated files are rewritten when overwritten, shouldn't it be entirely > > sufficient if the update_info_dir script performs a simple test like this: > > > > - Does /usr/share/info/dirs exist? > > > > No -> run install-info > > > > Yes -> Is /usr/share/info/dirs mtime < /usr/share/info mtime? > > > > No -> Do nothing > > > > Yes -> run install-info > > Can this be relied on for all possible file systems? Not on FAT. But then again, FAT is not really a filesystem, rather just a failed try. > Otherwise, as I said, the same general algorithm as used for autorebase > would be workable. It might in fact be possible to sneak that into the > rebaselst generation since the information is already passing by. Ok. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat