On Nov 19 02:04, Mark Geisert wrote: > On Mon, 16 Nov 2015, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >Packaging looks good. Just one nit: While this is as Chuck did it way > >back when, I think the files under /usr/share/doc should go into the > >base cygutils package, rather than the cygutils-extra package, i.e. > > > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/AUTHORS > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/ChangeLog > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/COPYING > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/HOW-TO-CONTRIBUTE > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/licenses/ > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/licenses/COPYING.BSD-no-advert > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/licenses/COPYING.GPLv2 > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/licenses/COPYING.GPLv3 > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/NEWS > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/PROGLIST > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/README > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/TODO > > > >should be in the cygutils package, while > > > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/cygicons/ > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/cygicons/README > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/lpr/ > > usr/share/doc/cygutils/lpr/README > > > >should stay in cygutils-extra. > > > >That's a minor point and at your discretion, otherwise GTG. > > I agree and have adjusted the packaging as you suggested. > > >>Something I don't understand yet is why, when using this cygutils.cygport, > >>some cygport commands download the source from sourceware via git, while > >>other commands seem to want the .tar.bz2 file. The cygutils.cygport is > >>possibly not completely right yet. > > > >You have both, a SRC_URI and a GIT_URI. This might confuse cygport. > >Drop the SRC_URI and only keep GIT_URI. > > Even with that change 'cygport all' wants the .tar.bz2 file to be present. > Maybe my mistake is assuming "all" means pull the source too? Indeed, "all" doesn't include "download". > If I do > 'cygport fetch all' it works like a charm using the Git tree, so I'll just > keep doing that. Huh, I didn't know "fetch" is equivalent to "download". Learn something new every day... Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat