public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [HEADSUP] New github organization "cygwin"
@ 2016-03-17 15:49 Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-03-17 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi guys,

today I claimed the "cygwin" name at github.com.  If you have some funny
project which is using Cygwin in the first place, and you want to do
that under the "cygwin" cover, feel free to drop us a mail here on
cygwin-apps and we add you as member.  You can then create your own git
repo under this hood if you like.  It should just be closely related to
Cygwin.

Have fun,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [HEADSUP] New github organization "cygwin"
@ 2016-03-17 16:04 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-03-17 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-03-17 10:49, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> today I claimed the "cygwin" name at github.com.  If you have some funny
> project which is using Cygwin in the first place, and you want to do
> that under the "cygwin" cover, feel free to drop us a mail here on
> cygwin-apps and we add you as member.  You can then create your own git
> repo under this hood if you like.  It should just be closely related to
> Cygwin.

cygwinports is an organization on github as well.  It may make sense to
leave packaging in cygwinports and original code in cygwin, since the
repo names may otherwise conflict.

--
Yaakov

* Re: [HEADSUP] New github organization "cygwin"
@ 2016-03-17 16:33   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-03-17 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar 17 11:04, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-03-17 10:49, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >today I claimed the "cygwin" name at github.com.  If you have some funny
> >project which is using Cygwin in the first place, and you want to do
> >that under the "cygwin" cover, feel free to drop us a mail here on
> >cygwin-apps and we add you as member.  You can then create your own git
> >repo under this hood if you like.  It should just be closely related to
> >Cygwin.
>
> cygwinports is an organization on github as well.  It may make sense to
> leave packaging in cygwinports and original code in cygwin, since the repo
> names may otherwise conflict.

Sure.  Cygwinports purpose is to provide ports of existing OSS projects.
The idea for "cygwin" is to be used for cygwin-specific project repos.
E. g., some nifty scripting which only makes sense in a Cygwin environment
might find a nice home there.

@ 2016-03-18 12:37 ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2016-03-18 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 04:49:17PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> today I claimed the "cygwin" name at github.com.  If you have some funny
> project which is using Cygwin in the first place, and you want to do
> that under the "cygwin" cover, feel free to drop us a mail here on
> cygwin-apps and we add you as member.  You can then create your own git
> repo under this hood if you like.  It should just be closely related to
> Cygwin.

I have the Cygport files for the various packages I maintain tracked on
GitHub; is that the sort of thing you're looking for?  I'd be happy to
move them under the Cygwin banner.

My GitHub username is me-and.

* Re: [HEADSUP] New github organization "cygwin"
@ 2016-03-18 13:27   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-03-18 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar 18 12:37, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 04:49:17PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > today I claimed the "cygwin" name at github.com.  If you have some funny
> > project which is using Cygwin in the first place, and you want to do
> > that under the "cygwin" cover, feel free to drop us a mail here on
> > cygwin-apps and we add you as member.  You can then create your own git
> > repo under this hood if you like.  It should just be closely related to
> > Cygwin.
>
> I have the Cygport files for the various packages I maintain tracked on
> GitHub; is that the sort of thing you're looking for?  I'd be happy to
> move them under the Cygwin banner.
>
> My GitHub username is me-and.

That would probably better match the cygwinports org.  Have a look
at https://github.com/cygwinports, I'm sure Yaakov will let you in
as member.

[...time passes...]

Yaakov, would you mind to let me in as well?

Thanks,

@ 2016-03-18 17:49     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-03-18 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-03-18 08:27, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar 18 12:37, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
>> I have the Cygport files for the various packages I maintain tracked on
>> GitHub; is that the sort of thing you're looking for?  I'd be happy to
>> move them under the Cygwin banner.
>>
>> My GitHub username is me-and.
>
> Yaakov, would you mind to let me in as well?

I sent you both invitations to cygwinports.

--
Yaakov

* Re: [HEADSUP] New github organization "cygwin"
@ 2016-03-18 20:01       ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-03-18 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar 18 12:49, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-03-18 08:27, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Mar 18 12:37, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
> >>I have the Cygport files for the various packages I maintain tracked on
> >>GitHub; is that the sort of thing you're looking for?  I'd be happy to
> >>move them under the Cygwin banner.
> >>
> >>My GitHub username is me-and.
> >
> >Yaakov, would you mind to let me in as well?
>
> I sent you both invitations to cygwinports.

Thanks, I'm in :)

@ 2016-03-18 21:00         ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2016-03-18 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 09:00:56PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar 18 12:49, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

> > >Yaakov, would you mind to let me in as well?
> >
> > I sent you both invitations to cygwinports.
>
> Thanks, I'm in :)

Likewise, thank you!