On Jul 18 19:51, Bill Zissimopoulos wrote: > On 7/18/16, 12:43 PM, Bill Zissimopoulos wrote: > > > >On 7/18/16, 1:19 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > >>Btw., I didn't apply it yet because I was still waiting for a mailing > >>list reply to https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-06/msg00460.html > >>On second thought, this didn't look like a question, much. So, what do > >>you prefer? > >> > >> "WinFSP+nobody" > >> "nodomain+nobody" > >> "no+body" > >> > >>Personally I like the third variation but I'm not religious about it. > > > >My preference is for nodomain+nobody, primarily because the individual > >components “nodomain”, “nobody” describe the lack of domain and username > >when read in isolation (i.e. not in the construction nodomain+nobody). But > >WinFsp does not use these names (only the SID’s/UID’s) and you, Corinna, > >as the Cygwin lead are more qualified than me to choose what fits Cygwin > >best. > > BTW, I now note that no+body is more inline with the existing practice of > "Unknown+User”. I assumed that the parts of the “no+body” construction can > be found in isolation (resulting in a domain of “no” and a user name of > “body”), but perhaps this is not possible. Either way I am happy with > whatever you choose. Let's just try how it looks like. I applied the patch using "nodomain+nobody" for now and uploaded a developer snapshot to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ Please take a look. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat