On Jul 23 16:43, Bill Zissimopoulos wrote: > On 7/23/16, 3:40 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > > >no idea what's up between you, but this discussion is gross... > > > >My interest in both of your projects has just dwindled considerably. > > Corinna, understood. I think this may have been the point. So you quoted my knee-jerk reaction but missed to quote the *real* point of my mail. Fixed that for you: > > Here's an idea: You both slap yourself and start talking to each other. > > > > For the Windows *and* Cygwin world it would be *much* preferrable if you > > work together and create a single, unified FUSE concept, rather than > > having two projects doing almost, but not entirely, the same thing, > > Worse, given that FUSE only makes sense if user-space filesystems exist, > > we now have two FUSE concepts with a disjunct set of user-space drivers. > I was planning to work for a solution for how to have multiple *-fuse > packages coexist based on Marco’s great answer. Which is not the answer I'd expected since it completely ignores the part about "talking to each other", "single FUSE concept" and "collaboration". > If you do not believe > there is any interest any more please let me know. I was talking about *my* interest. Naturally I'm not speaking for the entire group of maintainers. I wouldn't block a package if there's no good reason like licensing problems or a package completly ignoring collision with other, existing packages. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat