On Jul 23 18:33, Bill Zissimopoulos wrote: > On 7/23/16, 10:48 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > >So you quoted my knee-jerk reaction but missed to quote the *real* point > >of my mail. Fixed that for you: > > > >> > Here's an idea: You both slap yourself and start talking to each > >>other. > >> > > >> > For the Windows *and* Cygwin world it would be *much* preferrable if > >>you > >> > work together and create a single, unified FUSE concept, rather than > >> > having two projects doing almost, but not entirely, the same thing, > >> > Worse, given that FUSE only makes sense if user-space filesystems > >>exist, > >> > we now have two FUSE concepts with a disjunct set of user-space > >>drivers. > > > >> I was planning to work for a solution for how to have multiple *-fuse > >> packages coexist based on Marco’s great answer. > > > >Which is not the answer I'd expected since it completely ignores the > >part about "talking to each other", "single FUSE concept" and > >"collaboration". > > Corinna, I apologize to you and the list for not being on my best > behavior. However… > > I *have* contributed to Dokany. Despite the fact that my own project is > independent and not a Dokan fork (and has a completely different This is one detail I missed here. If this has been mentioned earlier I apologise for not noticing it. I was under the implression WinFsp and dokany are from the same source code base, > design/architecture), a couple of days ago I suggested on their mailing > list that I would still work with them. The events of the last couple of > days changed my mind. > > I work on my project(s) because I can and because I find that it is fun, > even when I am debugging for 2 days why the LazyWriter hangs in some > obscure kernel corner. If it gets too political it stops being fun. If I > am forced to work on something I would rather not, it stops being fun too. > > I want to contribute to Cygwin, because I have been a user since the early > 2000’s and because I cannot live on Windows without it. I thought I had > something to contribute after all this time. Unfortunately it looks like > the price of admission may be higher than I am willing to pay at this time. As I said, I'm not going to refuse your package. I was just pissed about this discussion in conjunction with my (now) obvious misunderstanding that we're talking about two forks of the same code. Please go ahead as planned, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat