On Aug 25 15:34, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote: > On 2016-08-25 14:11, Jon Turney wrote: > > On 24/08/2016 17:50, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > One question: Usually the popup menu itself reflects the current choice. > > > So, wouldn't it make more sense to have the text "View" just as plain > > > text to the left, and the actual popup menu next right to it, showing > > > the current choice? Yes? No? Shut up? > > > > Yeah, there is probably better visual language to be used here. > > > > If the popup menu itself reflects the current choice, perhaps we don't > > need a caption with the current choice at all (i.e. just a button that > > says "View" and that's all...) > > > > I'd really like that button to have a '▾' to indicate it has a > > drop-down, but that seems hard to achieve. > > > > (This might be done with the BS_SPLITBUTTON style (which combines a > > button and dropdown menu), but that is sadly only supported by common > > controls on Vista or later.) > > We're dropping Cygwin support for XP anyway, so why not from the installer > as well? ACK. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat