On Aug 30 11:44, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote: > On 2016-08-30 11:15, Achim Gratz wrote: > > Corinna Vinschen writes: > > > > update_etc_shells /bin/tcsh /bin/csh > > > > > > > > But I think we need to coordinate this with an updated base-cygwin. > > > > > > base-cygwin? Not base-files? > > > > The file /etc/shells is currently installed by base-files from > > /etc/defaults/etc/shells unless it had been altered. So if you invent a > > mechanism to alter the contents of the file, /etc/shells will cease to > > be handled in pre-remove and post-install of base-files automatically, > > I'd think. We could then remove it of course. > > Yes, /etc/shells would end up staying once altered by update_etc_shells, but > I don't see an issue with that. Ok, guys, give the word when you do this. Yaakov, if you want to do it during my absence I announced on cygwin-developers, feel free to rebuild the tcsh package. I pick up the new cygport file when I'm back. Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat