On Dec 12 19:47, Achim Gratz wrote: > Corinna Vinschen writes: > >> 2/ The signature should be timestamped, so that it remains vaild after the > >> signing key expires, but I assume you have to use the timestamp service of > >> the CA that signed the key. > > > > Not necessarily. We can workaround that by getting a new key and > > release a new setup. > > That wouldn't do any good for folks trying to use an old setup version > or am I missing something? They would get two messages, "Sig has expired" and "there's a new version of setup". Isn't that sufficient? Corinna > In the meantime, we could provide a detached signature with the cygwin > key, just like we do for setup.ini? We already do. You can download setup-x86.exe.sig and setup-x86_64.exe.sig from https://cygwin.com/ Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat