On Dec 13 19:33, Achim Gratz wrote: > Corinna Vinschen writes: > >> That wouldn't do any good for folks trying to use an old setup version > >> or am I missing something? > > > > They would get two messages, "Sig has expired" and "there's a new version > > of setup". Isn't that sufficient? > > I was under the (maybe mistaken) impression that the executable would > stop running if the signature was deemed incorrect. > > >> In the meantime, we could provide a detached signature with the cygwin > >> key, just like we do for setup.ini? > > > > We already do. You can download setup-x86.exe.sig and > > setup-x86_64.exe.sig from https://cygwin.com/ > > It's not advertised in an easily accessible place (i.e. right besides > the download link on cygwin.com main page). The install page shows > those, but I'm not sure how many people look it up there. The websites are in git(*). Just send patches if you see some flaw. Thanks, Corinna (*) https://cygwin.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-htdocs.git -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat