On Jan 22 14:27, Jon Turney wrote: > This patch was suggested in a discussion with Peter Castro. > > The concern is that using old versions of setup to install time machine > mirrors is not ideal, as it misses possible fixes in newer versions of > setup. > > However, we do want to make it hard for someone to destroy their working XP > installation, so allowing setup to simply run on XP, which will break it by > upgrading it to the latest version (which doesn't work on XP), seems > contraindicated. > > When --allow-unsupported-windows is on: > - Don't check the windows version > - Don't read the mirror list from cygwin.com > - Don't use any stored mirror selection in the 'last-mirror' key (as this > may point to a cygwin mirror, which, if we install from will break things) > - Retain the mirror selection (presumably a time machine circa given with > --site or via the GUI) in an alternate key 'last-mirror-unsupported' > > Also, for discoverability, rearrange things so --help works even on > unsupported windows versions ACK Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat