On Jul 16 11:03, Achim Gratz wrote: > Takashi Yano writes: > > I agree rlogin/rsh/rexec are outdated. However, most major Linux > > and BSD distributions still provide them as a package. > > > > Should not Cygwin follow these as well? > > Even on the UN*X side the r-tools have been deprecated for so long it > doesn't really make sense to use them anymore. The only sane way to use > them is in fully isolated networks and I haven't seen any of those in > decades. With Cygwin running on top of Windows there is ahole other set > of issues to deal with and that makes it even more inappropriate to even > offer those tools. IMHO, deferring to the security lead for Cygwin. We have a security lead? Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat