On Apr 1 14:14, Thomas Wolff wrote: > Am 01.04.2020 um 11:36 schrieb Corinna Vinschen: > > On Mar 31 18:58, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote: > > > On 31/03/2020 17:24, ASSI wrote: > > > > Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps writes: > > > > > Just thought I should ask: is there a perferred version of Windows to > > > > > build packages on, or does it not matter? > > > > Whatever supported version of Windows you use, I'd say. > > > > > > > > > I currently build on Windows 7, following the tradition of building on > > > > > the oldest supported platform, but I have no idea if this is needed with > > > > > Cygwin. > > > > No Windows 7 system should still have the ability to connect to the > > > > internet… so no, I don't think you should even try to build there. > > > > > > > > > > > > Regards, > > > > Achim. > > > Yep, that's why I asked. I'll upgrade the VM to Windows 10 then, if it > > > makes no difference to Cygwin. > > None at all. Right now we still support all versions since Windows > > Vista, so any breakage building stuff on these systems is the fault > > of the Cygwin core. Other than that, Achim is right, of course :) > Unless your package would use w32api and explicitly detect the build system > version to include more or less features depending on it... You have a point there. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer