public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] pass 1.7.4-1 (password-store)
@ 2022-07-01  6:27 Christian Franke
From: Christian Franke @ 2022-07-01  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I would like to contribute pass (password-store):

https://www.passwordstore.org/
https://repology.org/project/password-store/versions

pass-1.7.4-1.hint:
category: Utils
requires: bash coreutils grep sed tree
sdesc: "Lightweight CLI directory-based password manager"
ldesc: "Pass is a command line tool which stores, retrieves and
generates passwords securely using gpg.  Optionally password changes
could be tracked and synchronized with git.  Passwords could be
temporarily pasted to /dev/clipboard or displayed as QR codes
(requires package qrencode).  Auto completion modules for bash, fish
and zsh are included.  A vim plugin disables insecure options during
password editing."

Package for review:
wget -r -nH --cut-dirs=2 \
https://chrfranke.de/cygwin/noarch/pass-1.7.4-1.hint \
https://chrfranke.de/cygwin/noarch/pass-1.7.4-1-src.hint \
https://chrfranke.de/cygwin/noarch/pass-1.7.4-1-src.tar.xz \
https://chrfranke.de/cygwin/noarch/pass-1.7.4-1.tar.xz \
https://chrfranke.de/cygwin/noarch/pass-1.7.4-1.sha256

gpg or gpg2 are also required. Non-Cygwin versions of gpg.exe or
gpg2.exe are also supported if neither gnupg nor gnupg2 is installed.

Package naming differs in practice:
- "pass": Fedora, ... - I decided to use this.
- "pass" but "password-store" for src package: Debian, Ubuntu, ...
- "password-store": ...

--
Regards,
Christian

* Re: [ITP] pass 1.7.4-1 (password-store)
@ 2022-07-02  7:44 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2022-07-02  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 01.07.2022 08:27, Christian Franke wrote:
> I would like to contribute pass (password-store):
>
> https://www.passwordstore.org/
> https://repology.org/project/password-store/versions
>
> pass-1.7.4-1.hint:
> category: Utils
> requires: bash coreutils grep sed tree
> sdesc: "Lightweight CLI directory-based password manager"
> ldesc: "Pass is a command line tool which stores, retrieves and
> generates passwords securely using gpg.  Optionally password changes
> could be tracked and synchronized with git.  Passwords could be
> temporarily pasted to /dev/clipboard or displayed as QR codes
> (requires package qrencode).  Auto completion modules for bash, fish
> and zsh are included.  A vim plugin disables insecure options during
> password editing."

packaging looks GTG to me.

Added to cygwin-pkg-maint

Regards