public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* setup.exe Splash
@ 2002-01-15  7:29 Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2002-01-15  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygapp

Hi,

I've found a nice otter picture which seems to be free for use.

http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/animal/clipart/clipart.cgi?dir=OtterClipart&start=0

Unfortunately it's more wide than tall.  Is the format for the splash
picture that fixed?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: setup.exe Splash
@ 2002-02-08  9:58 ` Stipe Tolj
From: Stipe Tolj @ 2002-02-08  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Since many users claim Cygwin to be "slow" on the native Win32 system,
I may suggest maybe this cute logo at

http://www.wincvs.org/TortoiseCVS/index.shtml

At least the colours go to Cygwin's direction and I think we could get
it royalty free.

Please don't shot me for the suggestions, I like it, it's my personal
2ct.

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: info@wapme-systems.de
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
wapme.net - wherever you are

* Re: setup.exe Splash
@ 2002-02-09  0:25   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2002-02-09  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 07:01:38PM +0100, Stipe Tolj wrote:
> Since many users claim Cygwin to be "slow" on the native Win32 system,
> I may suggest maybe this cute logo at
>
> http://www.wincvs.org/TortoiseCVS/index.shtml
>
> At least the colours go to Cygwin's direction and I think we could get
> it royalty free.
>
> Please don't shot me for the suggestions, I like it, it's my personal
> 2ct.

That's ok and it's really a nice logo but... would you like
to use a logo of another project for your own?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: setup.exe Splash
@ 2002-02-09  3:03     ` Stipe Tolj
From: Stipe Tolj @ 2002-02-09  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corinna Vinschen

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> That's ok and it's really a nice logo but... would you like
> to use a logo of another project for your own?

not realy, I guess it *has to be* unique. Consider it as suggestion
how the logo should be looking like, in other worlds the style of the
logo (no photo).