On 11.06.2020 18:03, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote: > On 11/06/2020 16:19, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote: >> On 10.06.2020 11:34, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote: >>> Yeah. There's also a problem with the dev package I think, because >>> -lpython3.8m can't find the library, and python3.8m doesn't seem to >>> exist as a command. I might just be being a doofus though so I'll double >>> check that I installed the right packages. >> >> on python 3.8 they should be >>  -lpython3.8 and  python3.8 >> >> You can use pkconfig to recover it >> >> $ pkg-config --libs python-3.8 >> -lpython3.8 >> >> $ pkg-config --libs python-3.7 >> -lpython3.7m >> > Ah, thank you, that makes sense. > > I have now built the packages for python 3.7 as well, from the same > source package. Your idea worked great :) > > The new ones are available at the same place as before: > https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/ > > All seems to be working okay for me, but there are some notes/questions > I have: > > - I get errors from python3.cygclass at the start of every build saying > it can't find "python3-config" - looks to be a missing > symlink/misconfigured cygclass script? > > - On 32-bit Cygwin, stripping the debug symbols with objdump.exe from > the libraries takes an extremely long time - I reckon 3-4 times slower > than on 64-bit, at least. It's kind of prohibitively slow, does anyone > know why? the 32bit has less memory space so it take a bit of file swapping when the data are large > - On 32-bit Cygwin, I tend to get fork errors when running the wxPython > demo, but not on 64-bit (identical build options). Is this likely the > 32-bit fork bug mentioned on Cygwin's home page, or a problem with my > installation/setup? run demo in build dir ? 1) remove any excessive libraries from your cygwin 32 bit install. Recently for a similar reason I removed all libboost except the last one, a good of previous version like libicuXX and similar that accumulated in the years. 2) rebase the built dll's without storing permanently the addresses. Attached the script I am using for the scope > > Hamish > Regards Marco