public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* cygwin 1.7.0-16
@ 2008-05-26  0:16 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-05-26  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I've uploaded a new version of cygwin 1.7.0 to the release-2 area.  This
version fixes some problems that I encountered using samba shares without
extended attributes and fixes a problem with cygcheck where it could not
find /etc/fstab.

The same version is also available as a snapshot.

FYI.

cgf

* Re: cygwin 1.7.0-16
@ 2008-05-26  8:09 ` a.rburgers
From: a.rburgers @ 2008-05-26  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I'am afraid this has been uploaded to the release area...
setup.exe used in the standard way this morning offered to upgrade to 1.7.0

Teun

> I've uploaded a new version of cygwin 1.7.0 to the release-2 area.
> Thisversion fixes some problems that I encountered using samba
> shares without
> extended attributes and fixes a problem with cygcheck where it
> could not
> find /etc/fstab.
>
> The same version is also available as a snapshot.
>
> FYI.
>
> cgf

* Re: cygwin 1.7.0-16
@ 2008-05-26  9:50   ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2008-05-26  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: a.rburgers; +Cc: cygwin-apps

a.rburgers@quicknet.nl wrote:

> I'am afraid this has been uploaded to the release area...
> setup.exe used in the standard way this morning offered to upgrade to 1.7.0

Since cgf is likely asleep I took the liberty of deleting these from the
'release' area.  They are still in the 'release-2' area.  The mirrors
should update shortly.

If you did manage to get the 1.7 version, your system will be in limbo
because the upgrade helper scripts are in the 'base-cygwin' package
which is (correctly) only in the 'release-2' area.  However, simply
reinstalling 1.5.25-12 should fix everything.

Brian