public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* New snapshot of setup.exe uploaded!
@ 2008-08-07 23:19 Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2008-08-07 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

  Well, you've been waiting for this long enough :)

  I just uploaded a snapshot of setup.exe 2.602 at the usual place:
http://www.cygwin.com/setup/snapshots/

  It adds one new command-line option:

 -P --packages                          Specify packages to install

  It also has the fix to stop dialogs popping up and interrupting an
unattended install.

  I look forward to receiving your bug reports!

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: New snapshot of setup.exe uploaded!
@ 2008-08-08  0:09 ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2008-08-08  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CygWin-Apps

Dave Korn wrote:

>   Well, you've been waiting for this long enough :)

What's the status with regards to a version of setup.exe for cygwin-1.7
(e.g. that doesn't try to access the registry at all, or uses its own
setup-specific registry key, or whatever was decided in that area)? IOW,
the please-don't-clobber-my-cygwin-1.5 version of setup-for-cygwin-1.7?

Is this the one? Or is that a different development effort?

--
Chuck