Andrew Schulman wrote: > For a long time now I've patched every release of cygport with the attached > patch, that adds the src_prep_fini_hook(), src_install_init_hook(), and > src_install_fini_hook() hook functions. Charles Wilson originally posted a > patch for this about 2 years ago > (http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-01/msg00110.html). Current versions of cygport have a modified form of (some) of these hooks. check out 'src_patch_hook', 'src_unpack_hook'. The only remaining hook that I currently use, but which is not in stock cygport, is src_postinst_hook. Patch (against old 3.10) attached. -- Chuck