public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] win-ssh-agent 1.07
@ 2011-11-03 11:20 Nayuta Taga
From: Nayuta Taga @ 2011-11-03 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I'd like to package and maintain win-ssh-agent for Cygwin.
With the win-ssh-agent, we can use the ssh-agent (available inthe
cygwin openssh) in the more smart way.
Normally, we need to start all relevant programs, which mightneed to
use the ssh, as child processes of the shell(e.g. bash) in which you
eval'ed the ssh-agent.  Because, theprograms must be able to refer to
environment variables thatset by the ssh-agent.
The win-ssh-agent enables all programs to refer to theenvironment
variables of the ssh-agent, i.e. theSSH_AUTH_SOCK.  Now, we no longer
need to start programs aschild processes of the shell.
win-ssh-agent been written only for Cygwin, so it's not available in
any Linux distros and needs to be voted on.
License:    BSDHome page:
https://github.com/ganaware/win-ssh-agentAuthor:     Nayuta Taga
<ganaware@gmail.com>
<setup.hint> category: Utilsrequires: openssh cygwinsdesc: "A
ssh-agent wrapper with simple GUI"ldesc: "With the win-ssh-agent, we
can use the ssh-agent (available inthe cygwin openssh) in the more
smart way.
Normally, we need to start all relevant programs, which mightneed to
use the ssh, as child processes of the shell(e.g. bash) in which you
eval'ed the ssh-agent.  Because, theprograms must be able to refer to
environment variables thatset by the ssh-agent.
The win-ssh-agent enables all programs to refer to theenvironment
variables of the ssh-agent, i.e. theSSH_AUTH_SOCK.  Now, we no longer
need to start programs aschild processes of the shell."</setup.hint>
wget \  https://github.com/downloads/ganaware/win-ssh-agent-cygport/setup.hinthttps://github.com/downloads/ganaware/win-ssh-agent-cygport/win-ssh-agent-1.07-1-src.tar.bz2https://github.com/downloads/ganaware/win-ssh-agent-cygport/win-ssh-agent-1.07-1.tar.bz2