Hi, I have prepared a patch to setup.exe, but I do not know how to submit it. For this reason. I have attached the result of 'git format-patch' to this message. Please, submit this patch. This patch rectifies - packagemeta::ScanDownloadedFiles (package_meta.cc), and - packagemeta::trustp (package_meta.h) Clarification: Class packagemeta has "fields" prev, curr, exp and installed, which in fact represent the info from setup.ini/installed.db, and should never be cleared therefore. _Currently_ these fields are cleared in ScanDownloadedFiles() in order to notify that the tarball for the associated field is not available. This is a mistake, as it destroys relevant info (e.g. the version number of a version). To ascertain whether or not the associated tarball is available, one should invoke .accesible(). Note: yes, "field" is type packageversion. Regards, henri