On 2/19/2013 15:46, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Feb 18 18:59, Chris Sutcliffe wrote: >> On 4 February 2013 05:16, Corinna Vinschen wrote: >>> I think we're now waiting for a sign of progress on GCC for too long. >>> I don't think we can wait much longer. If you're still happy to >>> maintain Cygwin's GCC, please provide a new package within the next two >>> weeks. Otherwise, from my point of view GCC is up for grabs. >> >> I believe it's been 2 weeks, any chance someone will lead the charge >> and provide a new GCC? > > Yeah, it's really too bad. I had so hoped that Dave would still be with > us. > > I now orphaned all gcc packages in cygwin-pkg-maint. > > If anybody feels bold enough to take up gcc maintainership, please step > forward. > > It would be most appreciated if you would also be willing to take over > maintainership of the 64 bit compiler, as soon as we start the official > 64 bit distro (later this year). But that's an entirely different > beast, so we could also split maintainership, especially given the > requirement to provide cross compilers 32->64 and 64->32 bit, too. > I can give Cygwin GCC a try over the weekends. Not sure if it is too complicated. Well, if someone else wants to take maintainership, feel free to over take me :)