public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Do I need to upload setup.hint?
@ 2014-01-05 20:27 waterlan
From: waterlan @ 2014-01-05 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi,

In the web page that describes the new upload method there is no mention
of setup.hint. Is it not required to upload setup.hint? How are
requires, categories, and descriptions defined?

--
Erwin Waterlander
http://waterlan.home.xs4all.nl/

* Re: Do I need to upload setup.hint?
@ 2014-01-05 20:48 ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2014-01-05 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Il 1/5/2014 9:27 PM, waterlan ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> In the web page that describes the new upload method there is no mention
> of setup.hint. Is it not required to upload setup.hint? How are
> requires, categories, and descriptions defined?

setup.hint's are need, of course as they are the base
for building setup.ini

Categories are defined on the guide
   http://cygwin.com/setup.html

For descriptions you choose.

"Requires" are an easy outcome if you use cygport for
building and packaging.

Regards
Marco

* Re: Do I need to upload setup.hint?
@ 2014-01-05 20:52   ` waterlan
From: waterlan @ 2014-01-05 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

marco atzeri schreef op 2014-01-05 21:48:
> Il 1/5/2014 9:27 PM, waterlan ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the web page that describes the new upload method there is no
>> mention
>> of setup.hint. Is it not required to upload setup.hint? How are
>> requires, categories, and descriptions defined?
>>

> setup.hint's are need, of course as they are the base
> for building setup.ini
>
> Categories are defined on the guide
>   http://cygwin.com/setup.html
>
> For descriptions you choose.
>
> "Requires" are an easy outcome if you use cygport for
> building and packaging.

In the grep example on
https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html the setup.hint
files are not there.

--

@ 2014-01-05 21:16     ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2014-01-05 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Il 1/5/2014 9:52 PM, waterlan ha scritto:
> marco atzeri schreef op 2014-01-05 21:48:
>> Il 1/5/2014 9:27 PM, waterlan ha scritto:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In the web page that describes the new upload method there is no mention
>>> of setup.hint. Is it not required to upload setup.hint? How are
>>> requires, categories, and descriptions defined?
>>>

>> setup.hint's are need, of course as they are the base
>> for building setup.ini
>>
>> Categories are defined on the guide
>>   http://cygwin.com/setup.html
>>
>> For descriptions you choose.
>>
>> "Requires" are an easy outcome if you use cygport for
>> building and packaging.
>>

> In the grep example on
> https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html the setup.hint
> files are not there.

not needed if equal to previous one.
but if "requires" is changed you need to upload the new one.